10 Best Track Saws 2020
In this Review, we took closer to consider the best track saw on the market today for you, with a comprehensive tool test. We compared all the important factors like performance, design, power, and price so that you don’t have to. Whether you are a D.I.Y advocate or a seasoned professional, a good track saw is one of the best tools that you can add to your workshop. These sturdy, versatile power tools are perfect for making smooth, clean cuts in wood-based sheet materials. And, with the proper blade, you may use your brand-new track saw to create a quick workout of lumber and additional materials as well.
But with thus many models out there, weeding through all the different features, specifications, prices, and reviews could be confusing. This may make narrowing down your alternatives and determining which particular model you should purchase look like an impossible job. We have developed our list of the very best 8 tested monitor saws available today. Go through our review and purchasing manuals, and we’re sure you’ll be able to decide which saw is best for your needs. We should also note, these products are great gift ideas for the D.I.Y practitioner in your life! Read on for our full tool test on these vital home improvement hand tools!
10 Best Track Saws 2020
1. Makita SP6000J1 Track Saw
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Powerful 12.0 AMP motor for optimum performance in a wide variety of materials
- Precision accurate cutting delivers a splinter free mirror finish
- Electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load for smooth cutting
- Variable speed control dial (2,000 5,200 RPM) enables user to match the speed to the application
- Large cutting capacity (2 3/16 inches at 90 and 1 9/16 inches at 45). Cord Length 7.9 feet
And a big cutting capacity of 2 3/16” at 90 degrees and 1 9/16” at 45 degrees is ideal for nearly every job. An optional 55” anodized aluminum rail information system ensures cutting accuracy and a sturdy magnesium build ensures that this plunge cut circular track saw, or compound miters, is lightweight but durable. With a 3mm scoring setting and the ability to make bevel cuts from -1to 48 degrees-with presets at 22.5 and 45 degrees-this is an incredibly versatile power tool. And thanks to its rubber overmold twin grips, it’s also surprisingly comfortable to use.
2. Festool 561438 TS 75 EQ Track Saw
- When used with Festool guide rails, you can achieve perfectly straight and splinter-free cuts.
- Spring-loaded riving knife (splitter) keeps the cut kerf open so that the material does not pinch the blade. This reduces the chance of kickback.
- The slip clutch helps to minimize the risk of a kickback and minimizes wear on the blade, gear case, and motor.
- Blade changes are easier and safer using the FastFix system which locks switch and arbor simultaneously for easy arbor bolt removal.
Festools tracks are durable and have an excellent plunge cutting capacity building them easy to completely clean, precise cuts in the center of any workpiece, that allows you to lower effectively for do-it-yourself. Well-designed and durable, the Festool Monitor Saw has an optimum cutting depth level of 2 ¼”, rendering it perfect for a number of the program. And with variable acceleration control and soft control, it delivers clean burr-free and burn-free of charge cuts that are instantly workable. At only over 13 pounds, it’s a heavy-duty saw but its ergonomic design makes even prolonged use incredibly comfortable.
3. SHOP FOX W1835 Track Saw
- 120-Volt, 9A, 1.1 kW, 5500 RPM
- Blade rim speed is 9070 feet per minute
- Blade size is 160mm diameter and 20mm arbor
- Features 1-1/2-inch dust port for collection to a shop vacuum or dust collection system
- Portable and highly accurate
Perfect for trimming, plunge slicing, and sheet slicing, it’s a versatile choice and the included riving knife presents more protection than conventional circular saws. The capability to lower at both 90 and 45 degrees implies that you may use this saw for several home and job site applications. And an optimum cut depth positive stops of 2 5/32” at 90 degrees and 1 5/8” at 45 degrees implies that this monitor saw can slice through most task materials easily with monitor clamps. A comfortable deal with permits long use without consumer fatigue and a 1 ½” dust port enables you to hook this device up to shop vacuum or dirt collection system for a cleaner work area.
4. DEWALT DWS520K Track Saw
- Zero clearance track saw cutting system delivers precise, straight, splinter-free cuts.Power Tool Type Corded
- For use with track saw dual-edged tracks for perfectly straight cuts in both directions
- On-track cut depth: 2-1/8 (54mm) at 90 degree , 1-5/8-inch (41mm) at 45 degree ; depth scale accurately indicates exact depth of cut accounting for track thickness
- 12A, 1300W motor effortlessly powers through hard woods up to 2-1/8-inch thick
Plus, a depth scale indicates the exact depth of your cut for more precise and consistent results. When using the Dewalt dws520 with DEWALT’s anti-slip aluminum track, this saw glides easily and easily because of four low-friction glide strips. And having the ability to make long direct cuts, quick cuts, and plunge cuts, this durable track saw may be used in virtually any project in the home or face to face.
5. Festool TS 55 REQ Track Saw
- When used with Festool guide rails, you can achieve perfectly straight and splinter-free cuts
- Spring-loaded riving knife (splitter) keeps the cut kerf open so that the material does not pinch the blade. This reduces the chance of kickback
- Blade changes are easier and safer using the FastFix system which locks switch and arbor simultaneously for easy arbor bolt removal
With a bevel tilt range of -1 to 47 degrees, this track saw is ideal for a variety of home and professional projects. And thanks to its flat housing, it can cut flush along any wall. Blade change is incredibly easy, requiring you to just flip a locking lever, plunge the pro tool, and unscrew the arbor bolt. The easy to adjust micro-adjustment knobs permit you to fine-tune your cuts to complement any application. Which model slides safely and effortlessly along the included 55” track rail. Additionally, there is an accessory pack offered with depth end and depth adjustment.
6. Grizzly T10687 Track Saw
- Suitable for a variety of materials like solid wood worktops, double-coated MDF boards, etc
- Infinitely variable cutting depth up to 2-5/32
- Built-in riving knife for anti-kickback protection
An integral riving knife prevents pinching of your workpiece in addition to eliminating the risk of kick-back. And with bevel cutting and a dust port for debris control, it’s a well-designed model that you’ll be using again and again. Capable of making easy, clean plunge cuts, quick cuts, and long cuts with the purchase of the optional Grizzly Guideline Rail, it’s an incredibly versatile power tool to add to your arsenal.
7. Triton TTS1400 Track Saw
- Requires either the TTSTP track and/or the TTST1500 track for Saw operation. Tracks sold separately.
- Easily accessible shaft lock for fast blade-change
- Soft-grip handles for comfort & control and a Plunge lock for safety
- Universal vacuum system adaptor with 360 Degree rotational outlet
- Saw comes with a 48TCG Saw Blade, a Dust Outlet Adaptor and a pair of Carbon Bushes. All of the required and optional accessories sold separately
This model was made with a barrel knob that enables you to easily pick from the plunge action cutting, scoring, and blade changing modes and an anti-kickback mechanism helps to ensure safety when operating along a track. The general vacuum system adapter could be rotated 360 degrees and its own dual front and back bevel quadrants provide this saw improved stability. At 12 lbs, it’s a heavy, durable track saw but its two over-mold grips present user comfort, actually during prolonged use.
8. DEWALT DCS520T1
- Zero clearance TrackSaw(TM) cutting system delivers straight, splinter-free, precise cuts
- For use with TrackSaw(TM) dual edged tracks for perfectly straight cuts
- Continuous Anti-Kickback mechanism and riving knife prevent kickback when engaged
- Straight plunge mechanism for optimal ergonomics
- Enclosed low profile guard gives a 90% dust extraction capability
- *Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 20 volts. Nominal voltage is 18
A continuous anti-kickback mechanism and riving knife prevent binding and eliminate the risks of kickbacks when operating along a track. And the enclosed low profile guard allows you to enjoy a 90% dust extraction ability for a cleaner work area. This model was created to make use of with DEWALT’s dual-edged tracks, which permit you to make properly direct cuts in both directions. And the direct plunge design permits optimum ergonomics while gripping the comfy overmold grasp. Plus, it works on the MAX FLEXVOLT 6.0 Ah rechargeable battery, which eliminates the necessity for an extension cord.