10 Best Sliding Miter Saws 2020
If you are at your neighborhood hardware store looking for the very best sliding miter saw, or chop saw, there are a few considerations to help to make. You probably already know the difference between a standard miter saw and a sliding saw. You probably want a miter saw that can deliver both bevel cuts and miter cuts, but you also need the versatility of having a slider feature, similar to a radial arm saw, that allows you to move the blade ahead and backward combined with the advantage of the ability to slice through wider pieces of wood.
Right now, you just want to do a little more research to find out what would be the best saw for your specific cutting needs. Look no further, we have done all the footwork for you based on best performance, toughness, and best cost, and narrowed down the choice to our Best Sliding Miter Saws.
10 Best Sliding Miter Saws 2020
1. DEWALT DWS780 Miter Saw
- Innovative gearbox and belt drive design increases vertical cutting capacity
- Integrated XPS cross cut positioning system provides adjustment free cut line indication
- Powerful 15 amp, 3,800 rpm motor delivers extended power and durability
- Exclusive Back Fence design cuts up to 2 by 16 dimensional lumber at 90 degrees, 2 by 12 at 45 degrees
- Adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate with 10 positive stops improves productivity, ensures accuracy
The dual-bevel system sports a high-visibility scale and easy angle adjustment, beveling from zero to 49 degrees with positive stops at 0, 22.5, 33.9, 45, and 49 degrees in both rights and still left directions, with a detent override.
2. Festool Kapex KS 120 Miter Saw
- Rail forward design increases precision and creates a compact footprint while preventing head play for accurate cuts
- Easily align cuts from the left or right side using the dual laser, lasers clearly define material to be cut
- Micro-adjustable bevel angle with up-front rotary knob, large bevel scale and fine pointers easily set precise angles
- Dust extraction up to 91% with behind-the-cut dust hood and pivoting 36 mm hose. Mitre angle: 50/60 °. Crown moulding diagonal cut 45°/90°-6-5/8 inch. Special cutting depth 45°/90° (right)-3/4 inch x 4-3/4 inch. Crown moulding diagonal cut at 90°/90°-6-5/8 inch. Saw blade diameter-10-1/4 inch
the center-positioned handle allows ambidextrous cutting and a two-stage trigger aids in preventing accidental triggering. The rotating knob runs on the rack and pinion technology to go the counter-spring balanced mind. This means that once you established a bevel angle it’ll stay static in place before you engage the reliable bevel lock.
3. Hitachi C10FCG Miter Saw
- Hitachi Power Tools has renamed to Metabo HPT. Same great tools, with only a new name.
- 0 to 52 degree miter angle range to the right and left for increased flexibility , Motor Horsepower 2.57 hp
- 0 to 45 degree bevel range to the left to provide clean and accurate bevel cuts.Thumb actuated positive stops for quick miter adjustments
- 24.2 pounds to facilitate maneuverability and easier transport.Dust collector attachment included to minimize airborne particle
This tool also includes a dust collector to help keep the interior components clean and a nice, comfortable elastomer grip that is made to reduce vibration and help preserve control at all times. Hitachi stands behind this miter saw with a five-year professional warranty.
4. Evolution Power Tools RAGE3 Miter Saw
- MULTIPURPOSE CUTTING: Patented multipurpose cutting technology allows you to make compound miter cuts in mild steel, aluminum, plastics, and wood; with the included blade.
- MINIMAL SPARKS, BURRS & HEAT: Cut through 6mm mild steel with no heat, no burrs & virtually no sparks, leaving an instantly workable finish unlike alternate methods.
- SIMPLE & ACCURATE MITER CUTTING: Features a 45 degree L&R miter system with 9 positive stops. A 0-45 degree bevel tilt, allows for bevel cuts and compound cuts.
The high-torque, 2500-RPM engine and optimized gearbox complete the deal. Sold separately is a full range of blades that may turn this saw into a tile cutter to allow for more precise metallic cutting applications. Includes a three-year limited warranty.
5. Bosch GCM12SD Miter Saw
- Axial glide system: The patented glide system allows wider cross cuts and better alignment while also being compact; This saves you 12 inch of valuable work space; Bosch glide miter saw also offers unmatched smoothness of cut
- Capacity: expanded cutting capacity 14 inch Horizontal capacity Nominal 6 1/2 inch Vertical capacity against the fence base 6 1/2 inch Crown capacity against the fence 45 spring
6. WEN 70712 Miter Saw
- Powerful 15 amp motor supplies 5500 RPM
- Bevel anywhere from 0 to 45 degrees to the left and miter up to 52 degrees in both directions
- Includes 60-tooth carbide tipped blade, dust collection bag, support arms, fence and hold down clamp
- Spacious worktable and powerful saw provide a max cutting capacity 3.25 inches thick and 11.5 inches deep
- Weighs in at a mere 30 pounds and is backed by a 2-year warranty
7. DEWALT DWS709 Miter Saw
- Powerful 15 amp, 3, 800 RPM motor delivers extended power and durability
- Exclusive back fence design cuts up to 2x16 dimensional lumber at 90 degree and 2x12 at 45 degree
- Super efficient dust collection system captures over 75 percent of dust generated
- Backed by DEWALT'S 3 year limited warranty
- Maximum Cutting Thickness:6.75 inch
8. Milwaukee 6955-20 Miter Saw
- Miter angle fine adjust with detent override makes it simple to dial-in precise miter angles
- Miter angle digital readout provides repeatable accuracy to 0.1 degree
- Dual integral job-site lights fully illuminate the work piece and cut line from either side of the blade
- 15-amp, 3.3 max hp direct-drive motor provides increased power for high-performance cutting in hard lumber
- Integral dust channel captures 75 percent of all dust and debris
9. Makita LS1216L Miter Saw
- Powerful 15.0 AMP direct drive motor requires less maintenance and delivers 3,200 RPM
- Large cutting capacity for up to 8"" crown molding (nested), 6-1/2"" baseboard (vertical), and 15"" crosscut at 90°
- Compact design with a patented 4-Steel Rail Sliding System further increases rigidity to produce superior cuts
- Independent laser indicates line-of-cut whether blade is turning or not, with on/off switch and micro-adjustments for precise ""left-of-blade"" or ""right-of-blade"" cutting
10. Hitachi C10FSHC Miter Saw
- Hitachi Power Tools has renamed to Metabo HPT; Same great tools, with only a new name
- Zero rear clearance slide system allows the saw head to slide along fixed rails for effortless and smooth movement without compromising the range of motion
- 0 60 degree miter angle to the right and 0 55 degree miter angle to the left for ultra flexibility
- 0 48 degree bevel angle range to the right & left allows user to quickly and easily flip the saw blade, and leave the material in place