10 Best Right Angle Drills 2021
Only the right angle drill can allow you to drill holes with the best precision and accuracy. You can drill holes with a right angle drill completely downwards so that holes or screws that you drill into wood and metal are perfectly straight. Right angle drills are also handheld tools that can be used in any limited space or position for maximum flexibility. No crooked holes, no imperfections, no errors. Whether your application can be on the ground or into the wall, the right angle drill can get the job done well.
In this article, we will take a glance at 10 Right Angle Drills from businesses that include Hitachi, Milwaukee, and DeWalt; a who’s who of saw manufacturers. Each right position drill offers many features which make it great to possess, and a couple of issues that aren’t so excellent. We will declare which may be the greatest drill for your cash by the end of our review.
Below is the list of best right angle drills:
10 Best Right Angle Drills 2021
1. Makita AD02W 12V max Lithium-Ion Cordless
- Makita-built motor delivers up to 100 in.lbs. of Max Torque
- Variable speed (0 - 800 RPM) for a wide range of drilling and driving applications
- Well balanced and ultra compact design at 12-1/4"" long; weighs only 2.5 lbs. (with battery)
- Compact 3-1/2"" angle head height for use in close quarters
- Ergonomic barrel grip design for added comfort
- Easy-to-operate paddle switch with variable speed control
The grip feels just as good as it looks. Soft rubber, ergonomic design, and a textured barrel grip are great characteristics of this drill when it comes to how you can handle it. It feels great to hold at any angle, no matter if you are left or right-handed. With variable speed control, you can spin this drill from zero to 800 RPM (rotations per minute). Whether you want to prioritize speed or control, you have options for how you want to drill, which is never a bad thing.
This Makita right angle drill comes with a three-year warranty. If something is wrong with your tool and Makita is at fault for it, you could be eligible to get a new drill cost-free. The one issue that people do not like concerning this right angle drill is that it’s fairly noisy to make use of; almost like you are employing a bigger regular drill. This is among the loudest right-angle drills that you could buy, if you cannot tolerate noisy machinery, then it isn’t really the drill for you personally.
2. Bare-Tool Milwaukee 2415-20 M12 12-Volt
- The product is easy to use
- The product is durable
- The product is manufactured in China
- Features 3/8-inch single-sleeve ratcheting chuck for maximum versatility and grip
- An extended paddle switch allows for controlled use in multiple positions
- Electronic clutch with 11 settings plus drill mode for complete control
With variable velocity control, you can spin this drill from zero to 800 RPM. Like Makita’s drill, whether you want to prioritize in velocity or control, you can choose which kind of drilling you need with just the control of your finger.
This Milwaukee right angle drill features overload protection so that if this tool were to ever overheat, it would shut itself off and allow itself some time to cool down before starting back up again. This drill also has an electronic clutch, which comes with 11 different settings with a drill mode for excellent versatility.
This charger takes lithium-ion batteries, and there is an onboard gauge to tell you how much energy is left in the battery. Additionally, there is an LED light that you could switch off and on, for employed in the dark.
The warranty of the Milwaukee right angle drill lasts for a couple of years, which is an extremely long time for an instrument such as this. If something had been to fail, then you could meet the requirements to get a new right angle drill sent to your doorstep. The main nitpicks that people have concerning this right angle drill may be the torque, which is certainly underperforming. It doesn’t experience effective to make use of it, and it might have something regarding the reality that it had been made in China.
3. Makita DA3010F 4 Amp 3/8-Inch Right
- Powerful 4.0 AMP motor with less weight (3.5 lbs.)
- Variable speed (0-2,400 RPM) for controlled drilling in wood/metal and speedy fastening
- Built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the work area
- Compact design (10-5/8"" long and 2-5/8"" head width) for use when working between framing studs and other close quarter applications
- Paddle switch with speed limiting dial to prevent over-tightening of fasteners and for easy one-handed operation
This is a powerful drill that has variable speed control, from zero to 2400 RPM. There is a dial that you can set to limit the RPM so that you can drill in the way you prefer and find the precise RPM easier. You can also reverse the direction of this drill. For wood, you can drill holes as nearly an inch thick. For metal, three-eighths inches thick. It has a powerful 4.3 amp motor.
The head is just two-and-a-half inches long, making it even smaller than the previous two right-angle drills. This drill is usually a little bulkier, though, at 3.1 pounds.
This drill includes an LED light so that you can work without trouble in the dark. This Makita drill includes a transporting case but does not include a battery or charger. It takes lithium-ion batteries.
This drill includes a limited-year warranty, while it’s not the longest for such a powerful right angle drill, it is definitely better than nothing.
4. DEWALT DCD740C1 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion
3 used from $134.92
- Dual speed ranges (0-600/0-2000) RPM for increased user flexibility provides a wide range of applications
- Compact front-to-back length (4 inches) allows users to fit into hard-to-reach spaces
- Multi-grip trigger provides comfort and convenience, allowing the user to get into tighter spaces
- Light weight at only 3.9 pounds to minimize user fatigue
- Powered by an Energy Star-qualified charger for a better environment
You can select the range of variable control. You can choose for the drill to go up to 2,000 RPM, or if you want something slower, it can go up to 600 RPM. This drill, like many DeWalt tools, is powered by a brushless motor, so you know that it really is built to last.
That is a bit heavy for the right angle drill; weighing almost four pounds. Even though the handle is certainly ergonomically designed and the grasp feels smooth to touch. It’s many drills, but you experience both power and convenience in your hands.
The charge that is included with this Dewalt right angle drill can be an Energy Star approved charger in order that much fewer emissions are used while charging the battery pack. The battery is quite small, but it provides quite an extended life each time.
The just gripe that people have concerning this drill is that as the power will there be, the control is not so much. It starts up rather fast, even if you have it on the low setting. This could really intimidate timid workers who are looking for something a little gentler.
5. Ryobi P241 One+ 18 Volt Lithium Ion 130 Inch
- LONG-NECK DESIGN allows for greater leverage and reach into awkward places for specific applications that standard drill / drivers are not suited for, like plumbing or HVAC installation
- ONBOARD MAGNETIC TRAY holds bits and fasteners for when you want both hands open to use the tool while on the job
- LED LIGHTING keeps your job illuminated while working in dark or tight spaces, allowing you to work with improved accuracy
This right angle drill features variable speed control, enabling you to drill from zero to at least one 1,100 RPM. It really is a fairly powerful drill with 130 inch-pounds of torque. This drill takes lithium-ion rechargeable electric batteries. This battery pack accepts 7 various kinds of rechargeable electric batteries produced by Ryobi themselves, if you already very own one, you have to be good to go.
Additionally, there is an onboard bit tray that you could attach bits and other areas magnetically to. In this manner, you won’t need to fret over anything dropping off. This drill contains an LED light to enable you to work without trouble in the dark.
The rubber textured grip doesn’t focus much on comfort, but more on stability. No matter which angle you hold this drill in, you should have a strong and stable grip, even in wet or slippery conditions. The long nature does make it easier to reach certain applications, but it also can work to your disadvantage, too. It is a kind of big and clumsy tool to use, especially with a battery hanging off the bottom end.
6. DEWALT DWD460K 11 Amp 1/2-Inch Right
- Bind-up control stall-sensing technology for increased control of reactionary torque
- Mechanical clutch in low speed delivers increased gear protection
- 11.0 Amp heavy duty DEWALT built motor for increased power and performance in high torque applications
- 2 variable speed ranges: 0-330 / 0-1300 RPM to match appropriate speed to the application
- Metal gear housing for jobsite durability and increased reliability; Adjustable front handle and 2-position side handle provide maximum leverage and control.Clutch Type:Bind Up Control
This right angle drill also offers variable speed control. There are two-speed settings that you can change with this drill, however, they vary significantly in max swiftness. One is certainly up to 330 RPM and the various other is up to 1300 RPM. You get yourself a wide range of swiftness and control.
The metal gear casing and ball bearing structure ensure that this best angle drill can last a long lifetime. That is a well-constructed correct angle drill which will less likely get problems from dirt built inside later on. It has the faithful DeWalt brushless engine making it a great asset to own for years to come.
This is a powerful and expensive right angle drill. This is a right angle drill meant to last long and help you with hundreds of different projects. If you just need a drill to drill holes sometimes, there is a more affordable drill that you can buy to assist you.
Not only is it a big investment, but it is quite heavy, weighing approximately 20 pounds. You will have to have plenty of energy to extra if you want to transport this around all day long.
7. Bosch ADS181-102 18-Volt Lithium-Ion right angle drill
- Best in Class Chuck Capacity: 1/2-Inch Ratcheting chuck provides for a maximum range of applications from drilling to driving
- Superior Ergonomics: Slim, soft grip provides maximum comfort and control in drilling and driving applications
- Compact Head Length: Designed to provide maximum drilling in close quarter applications
- Integrated LED White Light System: Provides maximum illumination of work area, reducing shadows
This drill includes 150 inch-pounds of torque. There is absolutely no max RPM found, but it comes to include variable quickness control and it noises very powerful, regardless. This is another lengthy right angle drill that is similar to Ryobi’s. It has a compact head size to make it work in limited, small, and complicated locations.
Included with this drill is definitely a real white LED light to make you observe in the brightest of details through the darkness. The handle is ergonomically designed to be slim enough to wrap your entire hand around. Left-handed or right, it feels super comfortable and allows you to have total control over your right angle drill.
Even though this right angle drill includes a battery, additional Bosch batteries that you may already own can also work with it. This is another heavy right angle drill to use. Although it isn’t as large as the prior DeWalt drill, it still weighs a whole lot; seven pounds, to end up being specific. You can still get yourself a decent workout simply by holding this drill.
8. Bosch PS11BN 12-Volt Max Lithium-Ion Right angle drill
- VERSATILITY: The Bosch PS11BN Right Angle Drill/Driver features 5-position pivoting head that articulates both 90-and 180-degree offering versatility and optimized working angles.
- POWER: Lightweight and powerful, the PS11BN delivers 115-Inch-Lbs. of torque and up to 1,300 no-load rpm, but weighs only 2.75 lbs.
- CONVENIENT: The PS11BN offers simple drill bit replacements for a variety of applications and materials.
The max RPM out of this right angle drill is 1,300. It provides 115 inch-pounds of torque, which is significantly less than the various other Bosch drills.
This Bosch drill doesn’t have a case, a battery or a charger. It can, however, include a plastic tray with a designated spot for various parts to go, such as an electric battery, charger, and the drill itself. Included with this drill is definitely a genuine white LED light to make you observe in the brightest of details through the darkness.
This drill can be a little clumsy to use. Primarily, any screws won’t hold in place with the drill bit, and this drill was only manufactured in mind to create holes going totally downwards or at 90-degree angles.
9. Hitachi DN18DSLP4 18 Volt Cordless Lithium-Ion
- Hitachi Power Tools has renamed to Metabo HPT. Same great tools, with only a new name.
- Delivers enough torque to serve as a powerful solution for most drilling and driving needs in tight spaces
- Variable speed paddle switch for ultimate comfort and control to ensure precision while in use
- Equipped with a 3/8" keyless chuck and accepts a wide range of bits
- LED job light illuminates the work surface and is ideal in dark spaces
A unique feature of the drill is a belt hook. You can attach this drill to articles of clothes and keep it to you when there is no need for the time to utilize it. This drill also possesses an LED light, therefore any dark areas that you may be functioning in can simply be illuminated.
Because this is an instrument that accepts lithium-ion electric batteries, this drill comes with an excellent lithium-ion electric battery. If by possibility the tool no more accepts any electric batteries or provides any other problems with it, you can possibly get a free replacement.
Surprisingly, we have not found any issues with this Hitachi right angle drill. It is a simple drill, and what you pay for is simply what you get. It isn’t an impressive product, but one that can get a small job done.
10. Milwaukee 2615-21CT M18 Cordless Right Angle
- Includes right angle drill, battery pack, charger, and carrying case
- Lightweight and compact design
- Features 11 settings plus drill mode
- Offers complete control in fastening applications
- 3-3/4-inch head length ideal for working in tight spaces, 3/8-inch single sleeve ratcheting chuck
- Electronic clutch with 11 settings and drill mode for complete control in fastening applications
This drill has 125 inch-pounds of torque, and while we do not have an official max RPM, we can say that it is pretty decent. It also has an electronic clutch, which comes with 11 different settings with a drill mode for excellent versatility. The length of the head is 3.75 inches long, making it great to use in tight, small spaces. It is made with an ergonomic deal that feels comfy for all your fingers furthermore to your hand.
The warranty of the right angle drill lasts for a couple of years, similar to the other Milwaukee right angle drill. That is a long time for a tool such as this. If something had been to fail, then you could meet the requirements to possess a new right angle drill sent to your doorstep. The drill general, however, is not the very best designed. You cannot openly toggle the reverse activate the fly if you want to, and you will need to end using the drill and contain the drill with both of your hands if you want to adjust something.