10 Best Planers in 2020
Planers are an important device for your workshop, which means you need to think about your options carefully when it comes to finding the best one. There are various types of planers available that can be used to trim and easy various materials, but they are mainly used for lumber. Based on the type of planer you choose, they can be transported to various workstations.
There are a lot of different options when it comes to planers and it can be difficult that you should find the best one for your needs – especially if this is the first time you are trying to shop for this kind of equipment. This review is made to narrow down your alternatives so that you can easily find a very good planer for your workshop. We’ve used customer rankings and other in-depth testimonials to get the nine greatest planers for your workshop.
10 Best Planers in 2020
1. PORTER-CABLE PC60THP Hand Planer
- Heavy-duty 6 amp motor
- Dual side dust extraction allows for extraction on either side of the tool
- Overmold depth knob with 10 positive steps
- 3 chamfering grooves allow for options for edge chamfering
- 11.5-inch cast aluminum shoe provides added control and better finish quality
This planer is simple to use and is quite precise as it comes with an 11.5-inch aluminum shoe that delivers extra control. It delivers simple and specific cutting on a variety of hard components and it includes a max no-load swiftness of 16,500 rpm. This offers smooth materials removal, rendering it versatile.
2. DEWALT DW735X Thickness Planer
- Powerful 15 AMP, 20,000 RPM motor (10,000 RPM cutterhead speed) handles larger cuts in wider materials with ease
- Three knife cutter head delivers 30 percent longer knife life, fan assisted chip ejection vacuums chips off of the cutter head and exhausts them out of the machine
- Two speed gear box allows users to change feed speed to optimizing cuts per inch at 96 or 179 CPI
- Maximum depth of cut 1/8 inch, depth capacity 6 inches, width capacity 13 inches
This planer also comes with fan-assisted chip ejection vacuums to exhaust all debris out from the machine so it cannot cause damage or interfere with your workspace. It also has a two-speed gearbox that can be used to change the feed rate so you can optimize cuts based on the materials you are using.
3. WEN 6530 Electric Hand Planer
- 6-amp motor provides up to 34,000 cuts per minute
- 16 positive stops adjust the cutting depth anywhere from 0 to 1/8 inches
- Make rabbets up to 7/10 inch in size with the included rabbeting guide
- Lightweight design weighs in at a mere 6 pounds. Motor:120 V, 60 Hz
- Includes power planer, dust bag, a kickstand, a parallel fence bracket and a 2-year warranty
This planer could make rabbets up to 7/10 inches in proportions and includes a rabbeting guide included. Since it is light-weight, this planer is simple to carry and control so that you can be extremely specific when working. It includes a range of components to help make the process simpler, including a dust handbag, a kickstand, and a parallel fence bracket.
4. WEN 6552T Benchtop Corded Thickness Planer
- Onboard material removal gauge informs users about the cutting depth of each pass
- Plane boards up to 6 in. T and 13 in. W
- 15 Amp motor generates 25,500 cuts per minute at a 26 ft. per minute feed rate
- 3-blade design makes easy work out of even the hardest of woods
- Fan-assisted dust port removes sawdust from workpiece
This planer comes with an onboard planning gage which you can use to see you of the quantity of material that’s being removed at each pass. In addition, it includes a fan-assisted dust interface which will remove chips, sawdust, and other debris from these devices so it can provide a better performance and work for longer.
5. Bosch Woodworking Hand Planer
1 used from $126.13
- Power: the Bosch PL2632K Jointer Planer features a 6. 5 amp Planer and 16, 500 RPM speed for fast stock removal and smooth finish in soft and hard wood. Weighing only 6. 3 lbs. , This wood Planer provides power and efficiency in a lightweight tool
- Convenient: our electric Planer is the first-ever power tool to have ambidextrous lock-off release button to help avoid accidental starts Plus a lock-on button for extended operation
This planer is highly efficient as it is the first-ever power tool to have an ambidextrous lock-off release button that can provide an extended operation so you can keep working no matter what. This is a safe planer to use as it comes with a spring-loaded stand that may elevate the device to safeguard the blade when it’s being rested against areas.
6. Makita XPK01Z Cordless Planer
- Planes Up to 3-1/4" Wide and 5/64" Deep in a Single Pass
- 2-blade cutter head with double edge carbide blades for added performance and smooth finish
- High power-to-weight ratio; weighs only 7.4 lbs.
- 14,000 RPM motor engineered for fast stock removal
- Click depth adjustment knob with easy-to-read scale with settings from 0" to 5/64" for precise depth adjustment
This planer possesses an easy-to-read scale which you can use to regulate the depth and get really precise when working. As that is a cordless planer, you can easily use and practical while still offering a whole lot of power. It could operate for a long period and includes a fast operation so that you can finish your projects quicker.
7. PORTER-CABLE Thickness Planer
- Powerful 15 amp motor for superior stock removal
- Two knife, quick change, solid steel cutter, head mounted on ball bearings, assures smooth operation and long life
- High carbon steel, double Edged, Reversible knives for twice the cutting life
- Patented cutter elevation on four precision ground columns for superior cut stability
- Poly V belt cutter head drive with rugged gearbox/chain and SPROCKET feed roller drive for maximum power transfer
This planer is indeed powerful that it could even be utilized to cut through glued-up materials, making it versatile and suitable for a range of different tasks. It is very durable and is made to be heavy-duty to ensure that it can be used for an extended period of time. The knives are double-edged and reversible to provide twice the cutting existence and power.
8. DEWALT DW734 Benchtop Planer
- Three knife cutter-head with 10,000 RPM provides 96 cuts per inch, one of the finest finishes of any portable planer
- Disposible, reversible knives deliver 30 percent more knife life and make knife change fast and easy
- Four-column carriage lock drastically reduces the movement that causes snipe
- Extra-long infeed and outfeed tables provide 33-1/2 inches of material support
- Powerful 15.0 Amp, 20,000 RPM motor handles larger, deeper cuts in hardwoods.
This planner has reversible and disposable knives to provide more power and efficiency. This planer is fully portable, so you can use it anywhere and transport your workspace to wherever it is most hassle-free for you. It is a benchtop planer that will not damage the surfaces underneath while offering stability and better control.
9. TACKLIFE Electric Hands Planer
This planer has durable blades that are produced from aluminum and underneath plate is anti-rust to make sure long knife life. The electric motor of the planer is softly linked to the frame to avoid overload and make sure that it will at all times provide the power you will need. This planer provides 12 positive stops which you can use to improve the increments from 0 to 1/8 in ..