Oscillating tools are versatile tools that work well with many blades. When you are asking that query, it’s most likely because you’ve arrived to understand what an amazing saw these compact powerhouses really are. An oscillating multi-tool is among the most versatile equipment you’ll ever run into. With the capacity of sanding, pounding, producing clean flush cuts, chipping aside grout, scraping adhesives and color, and producing plunge cuts, these compact equipment are ideal for a wide variety of home projects.
With a small front-end profile and blades that extend past the edge of the product, it can easily reach into tight places that other tools simply can’t. Whether you are an experienced woodworker or a novice DIYer, an oscillation device is one of the greatest, most effective tools that you’ll ever add to your workshop.
But with so many models out there, determining which tool is right for you can be very confusing. Luckily, we’ve done the study, so you don’t need to. We’ve appeared at all of the models obtainable, comparing features, power, efficiency, and versatility, and also have developed our set of the 10 top oscillating tools of 2020.
10 Best Oscillating Tools 2021
1. Rockwell RK5151K 4.2 Amp Sonicrafter F80 Oscillating Multi-Tool
- [POWER & PRECISION] Up to 19,000 oscillations per minute with 2 angles of attack: 5° for more power, 3.4° for more control on detail work
- [1 TON OF CLAMPING FORCE] The tool-free Hyperlock blade change system prevents slippage while operating, no matter the angle, no matter the speed
- [UNIVERSAL FIT] Accepts all major brand’s blades, sanders, and accessories for your convenience—but this kit comes with 10 blades, pads and sanders to get you started
With an industry-best optimum cutting load of 35 lbs, this powerful tool won’t stall out on you and it can be pushed further than any other model on the market today. And with a variable velocity dial, the F80 can deliver speeds from 10,000 to 19,000 oscillations per minute. For added sturdiness, this exceptional 3.3 lb oscillating tool is designed with a Hyperlock, tool-less blade change system that delivers 1 ton of clamping force.
And the Sonicrafter’s Universal Fit System allows you to use any blade, even those made by other manufacturers, ensuring that the number of users you’ll find for this tool are limitless.
2. PORTER-CABLE PCE605K52 3-Amp Oscillating Tool Kit
- 3-amp motor delivers power to complete applications fast
- Tool-free system blade change allows quick changes and adjustments for specific applications without wrenches and bolts
- Depth and cutting guide helps complete plunge and cutting tasks faster and with more control
- 10-foot cord minimizes the need for extension cords
- Includes 52 accessories to provide all the essential components for your various projects
Whether the next project involves slicing, sanding, scraping, or grinding, the PCE605K52 delivers more than enough power and control to deal with any program in a wide selection of components. This easy-to-use tool includes a 10 ft cord, meaning that, generally, you won’t need to mess around with electrical cords. And with an excellent tool-free change program, swapping out components for your device is faster and simpler than ever.
The tool is simple to control the depth of the tool’s cuts. When you don’t require it, it can be taken out in seconds. Comfortable to use, the PCE605K52 Oscillating Tool includes a 3-placement over-mold grip which allows the user to carry the tool in leading, middle, or back again, offering better balance and precision.
3. Genesis GMT15A Multi-Purpose Oscillating Tool
1 used from $32.10
- Multifunctional tool for home repair, remodeling, and restoration
- 21000 oscillations per minute for fast sanding, grinding, cutting, and scraping
- 4-pin flange design holds accessories firmly in place
- Sturdy die-cast aluminum gear housing
- Includes 3-inch Delta sanding pad, sandpaper, scraping blade, 30 mm E-cut saw blade, HSS segment saw blade, and allen wrench
This versatile corded power tool delivers 1.5 amps of power capable of up to 21,000 OPM, on par with most of its more expensive competitors. With durability in mind, the GMT15A was built with a sturdy die-cast aluminum gear housing that allows this tool to withstand heavy house project use. A 4-pin flange system means that components are held firmly set up, offering you added stability and specific operation.
4. Rockwell RK5132K Sonicrafter F30 Oscillating Multi-Tool
1 used from $69.91
- Rockwell Sonicrafter F30 3.5 Amp Oscillating Tool with 32 Accessories and Carry Bag
- Hyperlock with unmatched 1-ton of holding force means blades and attachments never slip.
- The Universal Fit System works with all major brands of accessories. No need to wonder if the accessory will fit. It will
- Variable speed selection adjusts to the rate of oscillating best suited for cutting everything from plastic to tile to metal.
And with a variable swiftness control feature, these oscillating tools enable you to adjust the operating velocity for optimal outcomes. Highly flexible, the F30 may be the ideal device for smooth sanding, reducing and trimming, adhesive and color removal, getting rid of grout, and countless various other applications. This oscillating device is very easy to use and is usually incredibly durable.
Its design features Vibrafree counterweight technology, eliminating unnecessary vibrations for smoother tool overall performance. Plus, its Hyperlock tool-free clamping system makes swapping out blades easy while offering 1 ton of clamping pressure, ensuring stability during use. And with the Universal fit system, the RK5132K Oscillating Tool is compatible with any blade, sander, or other accessory in the marketplace.
5. DEWALT DWE315K Corded Oscillating Tool Kit
4 used from $131.12
- POWERFUL 3 AMP MOTOR provides strong performance for cutting and sanding; Oscillations/min: 0-22,000 OPM
- QUICK-CHANGE ACCESSORY SYSTEM allows blades and attachments to be changed quickly without wrenches
- DUAL-GRIP VARIABLE SPEED TRIGGER gives users ultimate speed and application control
- BRIGHT LED LIGHT illuminates dark work surfaces for accurate cutting
- 29-PC DEWALT ACCESSORY KIT with storage box includes popular cutting and sanding attachments.*Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 20 volts. Nominal voltage is 18
Constructed with a Dual Grasp variable speed result, this oscillating tool provides increased control while enabling you to quickly adapt the tool’s functionality for optimal swiftness in virtually any given application. An integral LED light enables you to make accurate cuts in virtually any light condition. And with the Quick Transformation accessory program, you can easily swap out the tool’s blades and attachments without the use of a wrench.
At 3.1 lbs, it’s lightweight enough for prolonged use, but durable enough to take a beating. And thanks to the DEWALT Oscillating Tool Guide System, you can set the depth or height of your cut allowing for perfectly straight lines and consistency. These features of the Dewalt oscillating tool make it unique from the other oscillating tools.
also check: 10 best professional chainsaws
6. Black & Decker BD200MTB Oscillating Multi-Tool
- POWERFUL MOTOR – 2.5 Amp motor for high-performance use through a variety of applications, including sanding, cutting, scraping, grinding, and more.
- VARIABLE-SPEED DIAL – Choose from 6 speed settings to generate 10,000 to 20,000 opm of power.
- TOOL-FREE RELEASE – For fast and easy accessory changes.
- QUICK-RELEASE LEVER – Eliminates the need for a hex key.
- COMFORT GRIPS – Provide a firm hold and increased control while minimizing muscle fatigue.
The Black and decker multi-tool is simple to use. It delivers high-quality and efficient results. The tool’s comfort grip presents improved handling and accuracy while reducing vibrations. And the tool-free of charge blade release feature enables you to quickly swap out components by using a quick-release lever.
With 13 available accessories, it is simple to modify this oscillating tool for use in a number of different tasks. Plus, because of the welcome addition of an instrument adapter, its flexibility is additionally expanded, opening this device up to a variety of components offered by other manufacturers as well, increasing its usefulness.
7. Dremel MM40-05 Multi-Max Oscillating Device Kit
- High-performance 3.8 Amp motor for the most demanding applications
- Quick-Lock for tool-less and secure accessory changes
- Quick-Boost - maintains constant speed throughout toughest applications and materials
- Quick-hold - magnetic flange holds the accessory in place for easier accessory changes
- Up-front on/off switch – for one-handed use and maintains speed setting
The Dremel multi max boasts a 3.8 amp engine that is ideal for a wide variety of different applications. While it was made to only accept accessories created by Dremel, this device offers a quick-lock feature that enables you to make fast and simple accessory changes. Coupled with a quick-keep magnetic flange, this oscillating device can grasp any attachment firmly, reducing slippage and increasing balance.
Made with a Quick-Improve feature, Dremel multi max is with the capacity of maintaining a continuous speed whilst tackling the toughest applications and components, boosting speed and accuracy. The feature of an up-front side on/off switch means this device is ideal for one-hand use. It has the capacity of preserving speed during operation.
8. Bosch MX30EC-31 Multi-X 3.0 Amp Oscillating Tool
- Slim-line grip, many soft grip areas and easy-to-use switch
- High Power - 3.0 Amp Tool with Constant Response provide ample power for heavier applications, constant speed
- Durable Tool less Accessory Change Lever makes it easy to attach or reposition OIS accessories in any of 12 positions
- Variable-Speed Dial - This is used for matching speed to application and material
- Constant Response Circuitry - Maintains speed under load
And for optimal results, a variable rate dial allows you to match the rate of the oscillating tool to whatever software or material you’re working on. Designed with a slim-line hold, the bosch multi-tool features several smooth grip areas. It offers you increased control, ease and comfort, and stability irrespective of your intended project.
And with a sturdy tool-less accessory transformation lever, it is simple to attach or reposition your oscillating components in 12 positions. Add all that to an easy-to-use on/off change that eliminates. The necessity to keep down the result and you employ a versatile oscillating device in your hands.
9. Makita TM3010CX1 Multi-Tool
- Powerful 3.0 AMP motor with soft start feature for smooth start-ups and improved performance for fast cutting, sanding, scraping and grout removal
- Variable speed control dial (6,000-20,000 OPM) enables user to match the speed to the application
- Electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load for smoother, higher-quality work
- 3.2° oscillation angle engineered for faster cutting and sanding
The Makita multi tool runs on a powerful 3 amp oscillating engine that comes with a soft start feature. It offers smooth start-ups and improved performance in a variety of projects including cutting, sanding, scraping, and grout removal. A variable-rate control dial lets you match the operating rate to your application and ranges from 6,000 to 20,000 OPM. And with a 3.2 level oscillation angle, it had been engineered to provide faster reducing and sanding.
Built with electronic quickness control, this Makita multi-tool may maintain speed in load, delivering smoother, more consistent outcomes. It was made to reduce vibration and noise. The tool renders a trusted, and quieter, option to most of the other versions out there. With a little diameter barrel grasp, it offers superior handling and comfort. And it’s on/off slide switch was designed with a lock-on feature, allowing you to focus on precision during prolonged use.
10. Dremel MM20-07 Oscillating Tool Kit
- Equipped with 2.3-amp motor- as powerful as many professional oscillating tools
- Capable of variable speed operation (10,000-21,000 OPM)
- New black color design helps user differentiate between Dremel's MM30 and MM40 oscillating tools
- Kit includes 6 Universal Quickfit Accessories, including sanding sheets and cutting blades
- Backed by a limited two-year warranty
Capable of variable oscillating speeds between 10,000 to 21,000 OPM. It is ready to tackle a wide variety of materials and applications. Designed in an all-black housing to differentiate itself from its more expensive siblings, the MM30 and MM40. It was built with an easy on/off switch that maintains your previous speed setting allowing for improved ease-of-use.
The tool kit comes with 6 different Universal quick fit accessories. You can quickly swap out these accessories without having to remove the clamping screw. It is compatible with several universal accessories.
This was the list of the 10 best oscillating tools of 2020. it does include any paid promotion. The review was made based on research and reviews of the experts.