Seasoned experts and avid D.We.Y fans understand the worthiness of having the proper tool for the work, and if you’re likely to be nailing wooden this implies having the absolute best nail guns. Sure, you can test to operate a vehicle nail in assembling your project the old-fashioned method, with a hammer and nails. But it’s likely to take longer, need more energy, and most likely involve a few smashed thumbs. That’s why, for a demanding project, there’s nothing as reliable and efficient as a high-quality nailer.
Fast and exact, a nail gun is definitely capable of driving a lot of nails consistently and accurately. And designed to produce less impact on your work material, these low-maintenance power nailers are very simple and effective to use. Capable of sinking thousands of nails a day time with no work, a nailing gun is one of the best tools you can buy, saving you time and aggravation.
When you’re ready to buy a nail gun, there are a lot of things to consider. Reputable manufacturers like Hitachi, DEWALT, Makita, and countless additional brands have great nailing models in the marketplace. There are literally thousands of confusing reviews on the web. And with several distinctive types of nail guns offered such as example framing guns, brad guns, nail Guns, and pinners, and let’s not talk about grease guns – determining which nail gun may be the best device for you personally can be confusing.
Luckily, we viewed all the nailers out now there and also have narrowed it right down to our overview of the 10 most effective nailer guns in the marketplace today. After reading through our reviews, you’ll be able to decide which nailer is the best tool to add to your arsenal.
10 Best Nail Guns 2021
1. Hitachi NT50AE2
- Hitachi Power Tools has renamed to Metabo HPT. Same great tools, with only a new name.
- Selective Actuation allows the user to select bump fire or contact fire modes with the simple flip of a switch
- At only 2.2 pounds, this finish nailer is lightweight & well balanced making it easy to use all day long
- Elastomer grip adds comfort and prevents slippage
- Tool less, easy to clear nose for quick and simple nail extraction should a nail jam during use
And a built-in depth-of-drive adjustment knob enables you to make accurate adjustments to the generating depth of your nails with a straightforward convert of a dial. This nail gun was made with a 360-level variable exhaust vent for added practicality. Also to defend the nailer as well as your workpiece from harm, it offers a no-mar nasal area cap. And for added ease and comfort, this nail gun was constructed with a lightweight metal body that means it is durable while preventing consumer fatigue.
2. BOSTITCH F21PL Round Head
4 used from $178.38
- Two nailers in one: includes two quick change nosepieces to convert tool to either framing or metal connector applications
- Patented push button adjustable depth guide of the framing nailer gun sets nails to desired depths
- Lightweight magnesium design for durability
- Adjustable rafter hook allows users to hang tool on rafters and joists
- Drives plastic collated 1-1/2-inch and 2-1/2-inch metal connector nails (.131-inch - .148-inch diameter)
Bostitch nail gun is a robust tool. It offers the best power-to-weight ratio of just 1,050 ins/pounds, delivering impressive nail traveling push. A patented push-button adaptable depth guide enables you to easily set fingernails to ideal depths. And the capability to quickly modify nosepieces implies that you can change from plastic-collated framing fingernails to metallic connectors in just a matter of seconds.
This tool includes a high-capacity magazine that allows it to carry up to 60 plastic-collated 21-degree framing nails or 60 metallic connector nails. That reduces enough time you’ll devote to reloading. And with a 16” indicator, the F21PL Nail Gun can help you determine the correct range between studs. You will not put the device down.
3. WEN 61720 18-Gauge
- Fire brads from 3/4 to 2 inches in length
- Operate at 60 to 100 PSI with a 1/4-inch NPT air inlet fitting
- Lightweight aluminum body weighs in at 3 pounds with rubber-grip handle for maximum comfort
- Hold up to 100 brads in the magazine with a quick-release to make jam clearing a breeze
- Includes oil, two adjustment wrenches and a custom carrying case
The WEN 61720 is deceptively powerful and once you connect an air compressor to its ¼” NPT air inlet, it is capable of operating between 60 to 100 PSI. Its large magazine can hold up to 100 brad nails, minimizing the need to frequently reload your device. And because of its quick-release style, clearing a jammed nail just takes a couple of seconds. And a depth adjustment steering wheel lets you very easily customize the establishing depth of your fingernails based on your unique project needs.
For simplicity, the 61720 features an exhaust deflector and a magazine windowpane which allows you to keep an eye on just how many brads you have gone. Its lightweight aluminum body provides strength while and can weigh only 3 pounds, so it’s perfect for extended use. And with a comfortable rubber-wrapped handle, you can count on having a better grip with reduced slippage. This kit even comes with oil, adjusting wrenches, and a carrying case, making it one of the best values on the market today.
4. DEWALT DWFP12231
2 used from $77.12
- This electric finish nailer has long life, maintenance-free motor
- Tool-free depth-of-drive adjustment with detents for proper setting of nail heads
- Tool-free jam release mechanism for easy nail removal
- Rear exhaust to keep contaminates away from work
- Drives 18 gauge nails from 5/8-inch to 2-inch length
- Adjustable belt hook allows the tool to be kept near the user
Constructed with a high-capability magazine, this nailing device can take up to 100 brads from 5/8” to 2” long. And a tool-free of charge jam release mechanism enables you to quickly very clear jams while its sequential-style trigger easily drives 18-gauge fingernails into your workpiece. Plus, a tool-less depth-of-travel feature enables you to modify the establishing of your brad heads based on your unique project’s needs.
Designed to withstand heavy use, the Dewalt Nail Gun was built with a magnesium body that is sturdy but, at 2.7 lbs, is easy to operate even during extended use. A removable non-marring nose tip prevents damage to the tool and your workpiece. And a rubber grip provides increased comfort and stability while reducing slippage. And to ensure that your tool is never far away, this Dewalt nail gun was built with an adjustable belt hook so that you can maintain it close by.
5. NuMax S2-118G2
1 used from $22.99
- Nailed It: This 2-in-1 tool features durable and lightweight aluminum construction, an anti-vibration comfort grip, and tool-free adjustable depth for multiple applications. It's ideal for decorative trim, chair rail, baseboards, window casing, and shoe and crown moulding.
- Ultimate Versatility: This nailer can use two types of fasteners – 18 gauge brad nails and 18 gauge 1/4" narrow crown staples. It can accommodate nails ranging from 3/8" to 2", and staples ranging from 1/2" to 1-5/8". It's useful for a wide range of projects, with an operating pressure from 60-110 PSI.
The S2-118G2 Nail Gun was made with a black oxide aluminum magazine that accepts both brads and staples while increasing durability. It includes a depth adjustment dial which allows you to very easily arranged the depth of your nail mind specific to each program. And for improved precision, the S2-118G2 was constructed with a sequential firing setting which is made to fire one nail at the same time.
At 3 pounds, this nail gun was built with a lightweight die-cast aluminum body and cylinder and a large rubber grip, making it easy to operate while offering improved control. A tool-free adjustable exhaust rotates 360 degrees so that you can direct the exhaust away from your face. And an anti-dust cap keeps the nailer’s inner components dust and debris free.
6. PORTER-CABLE PCC790LA Cordless Nailer Kit
- 100% battery power of the cordless brand nailer eliminates need for compressor, hose or costly gas cartridges
- Motor design of 18 gauge brad nailer provides consistent firing power into various materials and climate conditions
- Multiple Tool-Free settings of the battery brad nailer provide ease of use
- Unit's lightweight and optimal center of graviy provide user comfort in multiple positions reducing user fatigue
This electric nail gun was created to withstand heavy use and includes a high-capacity nail magazine with the capacity of accepting up to 100 5/8” to 2” brad fingernails. It was made with a sequential firing system and an auto-lock feature, enabling you to accurately established your fingernails. In addition, it offers a tool-free charge jam release feature and a depth adjustment wheel to boost this nailer’s efficiency.
For improved performance, the porter cable nail gun has built-in dual LED lights for optimal visibility and precision. And at 5.9 lbs, including the 1.5 Ah battery, it’s the lightest nail gun in its class. Plus, the nailer’s optimal center of gravity improves comfort in any position, helping to reduce user fatigue. And with an optional 4.0 Ah battery that’s sold separately, this nailer is capable of driving 1,300 nails per charge with easy and consistent results. these features of this electric nail gun make it unique from other nail guns.
7. Freeman PFR2190 Framing Nailer
1 used from $105.48
- Nailed it: This 21 degree Pneumatic framing Nailer features a lightweight and durable magnesium body, ergonomic secure handle, and interchangeable trigger for quick fire or single shot function. It's ideal for professional contractors and home DIY projects.
- Versatile and powerful: the framing Nailer features tool-free finger depth adjustment and a no mar tip, making it adaptable for different working surfaces. It's perfect for framing, wall sheathing, siding installation, subfloors, pallet building, wood box assembly, and fencing.
It’s easy to load magazine fits up to 55 20-22 level plastic-collated nails from 2” to 3 ½” longer, for added flexibility. Its depth-adjustment dial enables you to customize the placing depth for just about any project and the two 2 trigger options give you more control, allowing you to choose from the quick-fire or single-fire action. Designed with magnesium construction, the PFR2190 Framing Nailer is lightweight enough for easy operation while still being incredibly resilient and durable. The ergonomic handle of this nail gun offers greater control and comfort while reducing vibration.
And a 360-degree adjustable exhaust vent allows you to prevent air from blowing in your face and keep your work area free of dust and debris. A removable no-mar tip prevents damage to your nailer and work surface area. To increase stability simply take away the nailer’s cap to expose no-slip teeth that may grip the wood’s surface area for improved precision.
8. Makita AF505N
- Drives a range of 18 gauge brad nails, from 5/8" to 2", into hard or soft wood applications; magazine capacity is up to 100 nails
- Aluminum body, magazine and cylinder for strength and durability; weighs only 3 lbs.
- Narrow nose design allows easy nailing access in confined areas
- Cast and machined nose piece for precise contact
- Easy to use "tool-less" depth adjustment dial for a wide variety of finish applications
Its high-capacity nail magazine features a tool-free, cam-lock. The cam lock allows you to quickly clear jammed nails. The holding capacity of the tool is up to 100 which increases efficiency. An easy-to-use, tool-free depth adjustment dial makes it perfect for a variety of finish applications. And a multi-directional exhaust port rotates 360 degrees, allowing you to fire a nail while directing the vent away from your face or blowing debris away from your work surface.
The nose little bit of this nailer was cast and machined for precise contact and includes a non-marring rubber tip that protects the wood’s surface from dents and harm when you nail. Constructed from long-lasting material, the AF505N Nail Gun still weighs just 3 lbs, rendering it an ideal nailer for prolonged make use without exhaustion and a rubberized gentle grip delivers even more control and ease, and comfort. The tool comes with the capacity of rotating 180 degrees, you will keep your nailer on-hands with minimal hassle.
9. NuMax SFN64
- Nailed It: This pneumatic 16-gauge straight finish nailer features a lightweight and durable aluminum body, and an ergonomic comfort grip handle. A no mar tip prevents dents and dings, and the quick jam release lets you easily clear jams without taking the nailer apart.
- Many Uses: This finish nail gun is great for interior and exterior finish and trim, furniture, cabinet work, staircases, base boards, shoe and crown moulding, window casing, and chair rail moulding. Sequential firing and tool-free depth adjust allow you to customize for any project.
A tool-free adjustable depth dial enables you to customize your nail head’s depth, making certain the nail mind is at all times flush with the task surface. A high-capability magazine, made with a tool-free of charge jam clearance system, can take up to 100 16-gauge finish nails, cutting your need to often reload. And the sequential-firing mechanism is made to fire one nail at the same time for increased placement precision.
The SFN64 Nail Gun is durable. It weighs only 4.5 lbs. Its less weight enables you to manage trim while operating the nailer, without excessive strain or fatigue. An ergonomic handle offers improved comfort and ease and grip strength. While its 360-degree adjustable port vent allows you to direct exhaust away from your face when firing a nail. The nailer won’t drive a nail unless it’s in direct contact with your work surface.
10. Stanley TRE650Z
- For best performance, use TRE650 on a dedicated electrical circuit. Recommended for use without a power strip, or other power dividing devices
- Comfortable, soft-grip handle, cap and trigger reduces hand fatigue
- Easy-slide load magazine & Easy-jam-clear mechanism saves time and hassle
- Brad-empty indicator helps keep work flowing
- Adjust Hi/Lo power with turn of a dial
- 8' cord & Fires 5/8" to 1" 18 gauge brads
The tool is Constructed with a dual-power Greetings/Low lever. You can easily adjust driving power. This enables you to nail into soft or hard materials. Since it’s an electric nail gun, you simply have to plug in the 8 ft power cord and get to work. The Stanley nail gun is Built with a durable plastic body. The electric Nail Gun weighs only 4.75 lbs and may be used for hours without fatigue. A contoured hold provides added comfort and ease and stability during prolonged operation.
And the nail gun’s flush-nose design is ideal for getting placing a nail into limited spaces. This is an Efficient and reliable brad gun. This nailer is available for around $50, rendering it probably the most inexpensive electric nail guns. Moreover, it delivers the functionality you’d anticipate from most of the more costly nailers available.