10 Best Metal Cutting Saws 2020
Are you thinking about buying the best metal trimming saw? Well, whether you are a veteran or a weekend warrior, you’ll put it to good use. That’s because a great finished project starts with having the right tools for the job. So before you tackle your next metal cutting project, you need to find out which tool is right for you. Whether you’re cutting through 1/2″ steel sheets, cast iron, metal pipe, or rebar-a steel saw can save you time and energy.
Sure, you can test utilizing a torch, hacksaw, or angle grinder to cut through metal but getting the right saw for the work will help you to make steady, clean cuts each time. With therefore many metal saws offered, finding the right saw is definitely an overwhelming task. Fortunately, we’ve come up with a list of the very best saws available today. Our reviews can help you cut through the dilemma so you can choose the saw that’s perfect for you.
10 Best Metal Cutting Saws 2020
1. DEWALT DW872 14-Inch
- Multi-Cutter offers versatility by cutting a wide variety of materials including ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Utilizing a carbide tipped blade allows the depth of cut to remain constant throughout blade life
- Multi-Cutter cuts 4 times faster than chop saws and 8 times faster than portable band saws in 2-inch by 2-inch by 1/4-inch angle iron
- 14-inch 70-tooth carbide tipped blade delivers a lower cost-per-cut compared to cutting with abrasive wheels
The Dewalt DW872 Multi-Cutter Saw is durable and simple to use. Its specifically designed 70-tooth carbide-tipped blade cuts through metallic 8 times quicker than portable band saws. To best it off, this noticed delivers exact, burr-free cuts each and every time.
2. MK Morse CSM9NXTB
2 used from $228.68
- 9-inch metal cutting circular saw ideal for all-metal cutting
- Delivers no-load speed up to 2,700 RPM
- Low-speed, high-torque 11 Amp motor maximizes the durability, versatility, and quality of cut
- Guide arrows and sight opening make it easier to position and make beveled cuts
3. Evolution Power Equipment RAGE4
Don’t let its smaller size fool you. Similar to a sliding miter saw the RAGE4 saw can tackle any project with ease. The patented blade reduces sparking and eliminates heat build-up. Great for someone looking to reduce clutter in the workshop, this metal saw from Evolution Power Tools is marketed as a multi-purpose tool with the ability to cut through metal, wood, aluminum, and plastic without changing the blade. The versatility of the RAGE4 makes it one of the best metal cutting saws on the market and eliminates the need to use multiple saws.
4. DEWALT DWM120K Band Saw Kit
- Industry best 10 amp motor designed with controlled power to withstand any jobsite application
- Industry best 5-inch deep cut capacity for round or rectangular stock.Max Capacity (Rectangular) 5 x 4-3/4 in
- Serviceable steel shroud and rubber bumpers allow guards to withstand jobsite abuse without damage
- LED sight light allows the user to see cut line in dark jobsite environment. Front Handle Style : Multi Position Bale
The DWM120K could be mounted on a worktable, suspended by its integrated hang hook, or operated manually. DEWALT put severe believed into this portable package, including an LED view, adjustable deal with grips, and an adjustable speed dial to be able to vary the speed based on your needs.
5. Makita 4131 Metallic Circular Saw
- Power Tools and Accessories
- Imported from: Japan
- Commercial Brand: Makita
- Ceramic-metal blade for cleaner, faster cuts and superior life in mild steel cutting
- Lightest weight in it's class at 10.6-Pound yet delivers 13 AMP power to get the job done
- Maximum cutting depth of 2-1/2-Inch for metal studs, conduit and metal roofing
The Makita 4131 comes with a CERMET tipped blade-a special ceramic-metal mixture-that is heat resistant, enabling it to go longer compared to the traditional carbide tipped blades on the market. With a no-load speed of 3,500 RPM, this tool has the power to cut through multiple sheets at once while creating minimal sparks. Plus, clean-up is a breeze thanks to the built-in chip collector.
6. DEWALT DWE304 Reciprocating Saw
- Made in America
- POWER TOOLS
- Commercial Brand: DEWALT
- Powerful 10.0 Amp motor for heavy-duty applications
- 4-position blade clamp for increased versatility
- Keyless lever-action blade clamp for easy blade changes
The DEWALT DWE304 is one of the top reciprocating saws on the market. Built to last, this saw has a variable speed trigger providing up to 2,800 strokes per minute (SPM). With a quick-release feature, you can easily swap out blades the moment they are boring and get back to function. This portable saw is ideal for projects such as for example removing plumbing pipes, cutting through framing or sheet metallic, and actually removing pesky fingernails and pins. An excellent feature of this metallic cutting saw can be that it may be used anywhere and cuts through additional materials such as for example wood and PVC.
7. Evolution Power Equipment RAGE3 Miter Saw
- Extendable fence guard for long work-pieces
- 10 inch multipurpose blade (RAGE255BLADE) produces up to 750 cuts per blade in 2-Inch mild steel box section
- Extra large base for cutting stability
- No coolant required and produces virtually no sparks
- 1 inch Blade Arbor
The RAGE 3-DB Multipurpose Cutting Saw comes filled with a patented blade that allows you to easily cut steel, aluminum, wood, and plastic without needing to change blades. While not offering the cutting length that similar 14” blades provide, this chop saw more than makes up for this with a 12” slide mechanism for long angled cuts. Plus, a double bevel component reduces the need to readjust the workpiece as you cut.
Offering power, speed, durability, and precision, the Evolution Power Tools RAGE 3-DB 10-Inch Multipurpose Cutting Saw is one of the top saws available and a great addition to any workshop.
8. Makita LC1230 Metal Cutting Saw
- 4 x faster cutting in light pipe, angle iron, tubing, conduit and channel than abrasive cut-off saws
- Powerful 15 amp motor @ 120 volts. Quick release support fence adjusts 0-45° for miter cutting. Maximum cutting depth of 4-1/2 inch with carbide tipped blade
- D-shape handle for easy gripping
- Long lasting carbide tipped blade for cost efficient, clean and accurate cutting; virtually burr free
- Lock-off button prevents accidental starting
The Makita LC1230 delivers a staggering 15 amps and produces 1,300 RPM. Making bevel cuts is easy thanks to an adjustable information plate and the dual-finger result in and lock-off switch helps prevent safety problems. The Makita LC1230 can cost you somewhat over $400 nonetheless it was made to be long-lasting. Packaged with a carbide-tipped blade that lasts 50% longer than regular abrasive blades, the Makita LC1230 is ideal for anyone searching for a solid, effective addition with their workshop that may handle years useful.
9. Evolution Power Equipment EVOSAW230 Metal Circular Saw
The EVOSAW230 has a variety of features to assist you to accomplish an unlimited number of applications with the reduced hassle. Its 9” carbide tooth blade has 48 teeth and makes soft, burr-free of charge cuts. Plus, the added feature of a 0-45 degree bevel suggestion enables you to make angled cuts without having to use a more cumbersome, stationary tool. Capable of making up to 262 ft of cuts in ½” steel plate before a replacement blade is required, the EVOSAW230 is sturdy, robust, and is simply perfect for a wide variety of uses.
10. DEWALT DCS373P2 20V Metal Circular Saw
1 used from $285.95
- Powerful 460 MWO, 3700 rpm motor
- Bright LED Light with 20 second delay after trigger release
- 20V MAX Lithium Ion 5.0 AH battery
- SIGHT-LINE Window provides for a clear view of the material
Its 5 ½” carbide-tipped blade is capable of up to 3,700 RPM enabling it to create quick, clean cuts on a wide selection of ferrous and nonferrous components. The DEQALT DCS373P2 includes a bright LED light with a 20-second delay after trigger discharge and a sight-line home window to make sure every cut is specific. Sturdy construction, high power steel footwear, and optimized rubber convenience grip promise you get optimal stability and control.
But why is the DEWALT DCS373P2 stick out is the versatility you get with a cordless saw. Running on a standard rechargeable lithium-ion electric battery (marketed separately) this effective tool enables you to tackle a multitude of projects without the trouble of extension cords.