Are you thinking about buying the best metal cutting saw? Well, whether you are a veteran or a weekend warrior, you’ll put it to good use. That’s because a great finished project starts with having the right tools for the job. So before you tackle your next metal cutting project, you need to find out which tool is right for you. Whether you’re cutting through 1/2″ steel sheets, cast iron, metal pipe, or rebar-a steel saw can save you time and energy.
Sure, you can test utilizing a torch, hacksaw, or angle grinder to cut through metal but getting the right saw for the work will help you to make steady, clean cuts each time. With therefore many metal cutting saws offered, finding the right saw is definitely an overwhelming task. Fortunately, we’ve come up with a list of the very best metal cutting saws available today. Our reviews can help you cut through the dilemma so you can choose the saw that’s perfect for you.
10 Best Metal Cutting Saws 2021
1. DEWALT DW872 14-Inch
- Multi-Cutter Chop Saw offers versatility by cutting a wide variety of materials including ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Utilizing a carbide-tipped blade of the metal chop saw allows the depth-of-cut to remain constant throughout blade life
- The metal cutting saw cuts 4-times faster than chop saws and 8-times faster than portable band saws in 2-inch x 2-inch x 1/4-inch angle iron
- 14-inch, 66-tooth, carbide-tipped blade delivers a lower cost-per-cut compared to cutting with abrasive wheels
The Dewalt DW872 Multi-Cutter Saw is durable and easy to use. Its specifically designed 70-tooth carbide-tipped blade. The blade can cut through metallic 8 times quicker than portable band saws. This metal chop saw delivers exact, burr-free cuts each and every time.
2. MK Morse CSM9NXTB
3. Evolution Power Equipment RAGE4
1 used from $137.99
- No coolant required and produced virtually no sparks
- Easier to use than a hacksaw
- Compact and portable
- High quality construction
- No heat build up when cutting steel
Don’t let its smaller size fool you. Similar to a sliding miter saw the RAGE4 saw can tackle any project with ease. The patented blade reduces sparking and eliminates heat build-up. Great for someone looking to reduce clutter in the workshop. This metal cutting saw from Evolution metal saw is marketed as a multi-purpose tool. The tool has ability to cut through metal, wood, aluminum, and plastic with same blade. The versatility of the RAGE4 makes it one of the best metal cutting saws in the market.
4. DEWALT DWM120K Band Saw Kit
- Industry best 10 amp motor of the metal band saw is designed with controlled power to withstand any jobsite application
- The portable band saw has industry best 5-inch deep cut capacity for round or rectangular stock
- Serviceable steel shroud and rubber bumpers of DEWALT band saw allow guards to withstand jobsite abuse without damage
- LED sight light allows the user to see cut line in dark jobsite environment
The DWM120K could be mounted on a worktable, suspended by its integrated hang hook, or operated manually. DEWALT put severe believed into this portable package. It includes an LED view, adjustable deal with grips, and an adjustable speed dial to control the speed.
5. Makita 4131 Metallic Circular Saw
- Powerful 13.0 AMP motor cuts through various types of metal
- Heavy duty blade cover provides increased chip protection
- Virtually spark-free cuts
- CERMET-tipped blades are made with a special Ceramic-Metal mixture that resists heat, which can shorten the life of traditional carbide tipped blades
- Tool-less blade cover removal and chip collection window for operator convenience
The Makita 4131 comes with a CERMET tipped blade-a special ceramic-metal mixture-that is heat resistant. This things enables it to go longer compared to the traditional carbide tipped blades on the market. With a no-load speed of 3,500 RPM, this tool has the power to cut through multiple sheets at once while creating minimal sparks. Plus, clean-up is a breeze thanks to the built-in chip collector.
6. DEWALT DWE304 Reciprocating Saw
2 used from $68.33
- Powerful 10 amp motor of the reciprocating saw is designed for heavy-duty applications
- 4-position blade clamp allows for flush cutting and increased versatility
- 0-2,800 SPM and 1-1/8-inch stroke length for fast and efficient cutting
- Variable speed trigger allows user to instantly control speed
- Powerful 10.0 Amp motor for heavy-duty applications
- 4-position blade clamp for increased versatility
The DEWALT DWE304 is one of the top reciprocating saws on the market. Built to last, this saw has a variable speed trigger providing up to 2,800 strokes per minute (SPM). With a quick-release feature, you can easily swap out blades the moment they are boring and get back to function. This portable saw is ideal for projects such as for example removing plumbing pipes, cutting through framing or sheet metallic, and actually removing pesky fingernails and pins. An excellent feature of this metallic cutting saw can be that it may be used anywhere and cuts through additional materials such as for example wood and PVC.
7. Evolution Power Equipment RAGE3 Miter Saw
- Extendable fence guard for long work-pieces
- 10 inch multipurpose blade (RAGE255BLADE) produces up to 750 cuts per blade in 2-Inch mild steel box section
- Extra large base for cutting stability
- No coolant required and produces virtually no sparks
- 1 inch Blade Arbor
The RAGE 3-DB Multipurpose Cutting Saw comes filled with a patented blade. This blade allows you to easily cut steel, aluminum, wood, and plastic without needing to change blades. While not offering the cutting length that similar 14” blades provide, this chop saw more than makes up for this with a 12” slide mechanism for long angled cuts. Plus, a double bevel component reduces the need to readjust the workpiece as you cut.
Offering power, speed, durability, and precision, the Evolution metal saw Power Tools RAGE 3-DB 10-Inch Multipurpose Cutting Saw is one of the top saws available and a great addition to any workshop.
8. Makita LC1230 Metal Cutting Saw
- Carbide-tipped blade lasts 50x longer than abrasive wheels; cuts clean, accurate and virtually burr-free
- Quick release vise for secure material retention and fast, repeated cut-offs
- Lock-off button for user convenience
- Quick release support fence adjusts 0-45° for miter cutting
- Shaft lock for easy blade changes with just one wrench
The Makita LC1230 delivers a staggering 15 amps and produces 1,300 RPM. Making bevel cuts is easy thanks to an adjustable information plate and the dual-finger result in and lock-off switch helps prevent safety problems. The cost of Makita LC1230 is more than $400. Packaged with a carbide-tipped blade that lasts 50% longer than regular abrasive blades, the Makita LC1230 is ideal for anyone searching for a solid, effective addition with their workshop that may handle years useful.
9. Evolution Power Equipment EVOSAW230 Metal Circular Saw
- Cuts mild steel clean without heat, burrs or coolant
- 1750 watt/ 15 amp motor; extremely portable
- 2700 RPM No load
- Bevel tilt from 0-45
- 1-Inch blade arbor
This evolution metal saw has a variety of features to assist you to accomplish an unlimited number of applications with the reduced hassle. Its 9” carbide tooth blade has 48 teeth and makes soft, burr-free of charge cuts. Plus, the added feature of a 0-45 degree bevel suggestion enables you to make angled cuts without having to use a more cumbersome, stationary tool. Capable of making up to 262 ft of cuts in ½” steel plate before a replacement blade is required, the EVOSAW230 is sturdy, robust, and is simply perfect for a wide variety of uses.
10. DEWALT DCS373P2 20V Metal Circular Saw
- Powerful 460 MWO, 3700 rpm motor of DEWALT circular saw delivers power and speed to make the most demanding cuts with ease
- 5-1/2-inch 30T carbide-tipped metal cutting blade of the cordless circular saw quickly and cleanly cuts a variety of metallic construction materials
- Bright LED light with 20-second delay after trigger release provides enhanced visibility of material and cut line for the 5 1/2 circular saw blade
Its 5 ½” carbide-tipped blade is capable of up to 3,700 RPM enabling it to create quick, clean cuts on a wide selection of ferrous and nonferrous components. The DEQALT DCS373P2 includes a bright LED light with a 20-second delay after trigger discharge and a sight-line home window to make sure every cut is specific. Sturdy construction, high power steel footwear, and optimized rubber convenience grip promise you get optimal stability and control.
But why is the DEWALT DCS373P2 stick out is the versatility you get with a cordless saw. Running on a standard rechargeable lithium-ion electric battery (marketed separately) this effective tool enables you to tackle a multitude of projects without the trouble of extension cords.