10 Best Chainsaw Chaps 2021
Several protective clothing articles should be worn when operating powerful machines like chainsaws, like a helmet, goggles, ear defenders, and work gloves. Something that can become forgotten from this list, though, is definitely chainsaw chaps or chainsaw pants – protective trousers made from heavy-duty fabrics that resist the effect of a running chainsaw. As you might imagine, the normal fabric is definitely no match for a machine that can cut through wood, therefore it’s vital to wear chainsaw basic safety gear for the hip and legs in case a major accident should occur.
To protect your hip and legs when operating a chainsaw, high-quality basic safety logging chaps certainly are a necessary expenditure. They are best referred to as ‘trouser shields’ and so are put on over the user’s own trousers. Many offer extra protection and then leading off the legs, therefore wearers ought to be cautious that the trunk of the legs remains exposed to damage.
We’ve compiled this instruction of the 10 greatest chainsaw chaps offered from Amazon, considering elements like comfort, basic safety, and material. We wish you find a very good solution for you personally from our in-depth chainsaw chaps testimonials.
10 Best Chainsaw Chaps 2021
1. Husqvarna 587160704 Technical
- 1000 denier polyester with PVC coating with Tek warp protective layers
- Adjustable waist size to 42 inches. Overall length is from the waist to the ankle
- Felling wedge/gear pocket and acetyl Delran buckles
- Meets ASTM f1897, ANSI z133.1, And OSHA regulation 1910-266
- Ul certified
The fabric is colored radiant orange for extra visibility and the chaps also feature reflective strips around the ankles. In addition, they consist of pockets, buckles for size modifications, and are washable only with cold water to keep up the material’s integrity.
2. Labonville Full-Wrap
As with almost all chaps, regular trousers must be worn underneath while this product is meant as an overlay. Additional features include a tool pouch, utility belt, and leg and waist buckles so that the sizing can be customized to perfectly match the wearer.
3. Forester Chainsaw Apron Chaps
- Forester Chain Saw Chaps are a protective leg garment designed to reduce the risk of severity of injury to body parts covered by pads, should they come in contact with a rotating saw. They are made with an oil And water resistant oxford outer.
- Meets the leg protection requirements for OSHA 1910.266 standards for chainsaw operators.
- Meets ASTM F1897 standard specifications for leg protection for chainsaw users ASTM F1897-2008 39JY
The forester chainsaw Chaps come in three size options (35”, 37” and 40”) and seven color/pattern choices. They are adaptable to fit different leg sizes with two units of buckles at the back and one arranged around the waist.
4. Makita 841008-A
On Makita’s very own website, the company declares that the materials of the chaps are made to assist in lowering the severity of any injury incurred if a gas chainsaw should speak to the leg, ‘under small conditions.’ Buyers remember that the chaps are light-weight and comfortable making the product ideal for carrying out light functions in high temperatures.
5. Forester Chainsaw Basic safety Camo
1 used from $44.95
- FORESTER CHAINSAW CHAPS are a protective leg garment designed to reduce the risk of severity of injury to body parts covered by pads, should they come in contact with a rotating saw. They are made with an oil and water resistant oxford outer.
- SAFE TO USE - Meets OSHA Regulation 1910-266 for chainsaw operators. UL Tested & Classified Chainsaw Chaps (ASTM F1897). Meets ASTM F1897-2008 39JY standard specifications for leg protection.
As well as security from chainsaw cuts, these chaps are resistant to drinking water and oil, making them great for other kinds of work besides wood cutting. They feature ample pockets so workers can keep extra tools with them, and are a lightweight choice for working out in the heat.
6. Husqvarna 531309565
4 used from $70.44
- 600 Denier Polyester with PVC coating with Tek Warp Protective Layers
- Adjustable Waist Size to 42 Inches
- Felling Wedge/Gear Pocket and Acetal Delrin Buckles
- Meets ASTM F1897, ANSI Z133.1 and OSHA Regulation 1910-266
- UL Certified
These Husqvarna chaps aren’t designed to be worn when operating electrical chainsaws – workers are advised to invest in stronger materials when using more powerful tools. However, Husqvarna is known for producing incredibly reliable chaps and these are no different.
Like the first pair we reviewed, these contain the ‘threads’ within the fabric that jam the chainsaw’s mechanism if it comes into contact with the material, stopping the saw in its tracks.
7. Forester Pocket Apron Style
- Meets ASTM F1897, OSHA 1910.266, UL Certified
- Not suitable for use with electric chainsaws
- See description for sizing information
- "apron style" chaps protect front of both legs (most common injury area)
- Size:Regular 37" | Color:Forest Green
The adjustable waistline allows the safety chaps to match the wearer securely, within the front elements of the legs, specifically the thighs, where chainsaw injuries are likely to occur.
These Forester chaps contain 4 layers of fabric, making them less large, but those seeking extra protection should decide on a Husqvarna five-layer pair.
8. Husqvarna 587160702 Leg Wear
- 600 denier polyester with PVC coating with Tec warp protective layers
- Adjustable Waist size to 38 inches
- Protects against chainsaw injuries.
- Meets ASTM F1897, ANSI Z133.1 and OSHA regulation 1910-266, UL certified
- Felling Wedge pocket and Acetyl Delran buckles
Possibly the only downside to the pair is that they don’t offer back-of-leg safety. Despite this, the leading of the leg can be shielded from serious damage by 600-denier polyester, safety Tek warp layers, and PVC covering. In addition, they feature tight adaptable straps and reflective strips.
9. Forester Safety Style
This pair comes with an extremely impressive twelve layers of chainsaw protective material inside, in addition to a 1200-denier outer layer that’s also water- and oil-resistant. they come in three different sizes with adjusting feature.
Once again, you shouldn’t use these chainsaw pants with electric powered chainsaws – but if you’re operating a gasoline-powered machine and must make sure you’re seen while functioning, this pair is without a doubt your best bet.
10. WoodlandPro Forest Green
They are designed for use with gas-powered chainsaws and the manufacturer warns that they won’t be able to stop the sprocket of an electric chainsaw. Like Husqvarna products, they’re designed to ‘pull apart’ and clog and stop the mechanism of a rotating chainsaw if it should contact the material. Once this happens, the chaps should be discarded and replaced.