10 Best Benchtop Jointers 2021
If you are searching for a benchtop jointers you already know how important it is when woodworking that the wood is as smooth and as straight as possible. Therefore it’s important that you find one that suits your needs.
There are so many out there to choose from though, which one do you go for? Thankfully we are here to help. We have gotten our hands on 10 of the top benchtop jointers on the market. We then tested them and compiled the top picks into this list. We even included a buying guide to help you in your search for the right one. Below is the list of the best benchtop jointers.
10 Best Benchtop Jointers 2021
1. Cutech 40160H-CT Benchtop Jointer – Best Overall
We were surprised at just how smooth a finish it was producing, better than anything else on the market. It is light and is quieter than most of the other benchtop jointers ideal for the home consumer. It had been very easy to completely clean specifically with paired with an excellent VAC, you’ll be working mess-free of charge. The only issue we’d was with woods such as for example hard maple, while we could actually cut it, the engine obviously slowed down, so you need to be cautious with harder woods never to damage the blades.
2. Delta 37-071 6-Inch Benchtop Jointer
- Durable cast iron construction increases weight providing stability and reducing vibration
- Precision-machining of the table and fence ensures long term accuracy
- Heavy duty, cast iron fence support system for accurate jointing
- Simple fence adjust system with adjustable positive stops at 90˚ and 45˚ in and out
- Up to 1/8" depth of cut and 20, 000 cuts per minute
The one serious criticism we had for this product was the manual provided. It was not the best and even with our experience, we had trouble working out how to get this jointer operational, because of this it can’t take the top spot. Still a great benchtop jointer for the money.
3. PORTER-CABLE PC160JT Benchtop Jointer – Best Value
- Variable 6, 000 to 11, 000 RPM speed range allows the user to select the right speed for the size and hardness of material being cut
- Two knife cutter head with jack screw knife leveling arrangement for easy replacement and adjustment of knives
- Built-in cutter head lock facilitates knife replacement and adjustment
- Extra large table provides ample work support and Surfacing stock up to a full 6" wide
- Center mounted fence gives needed support throughout the cut for accurate edge jointing
We did have problems getting the fence to sit 90 degrees from the desk. The fence seems flimsy, so you should be careful with just how much pressure you placed on to the. We were actually impressed at how this jointer performed as of this price level. For all of us, this was the very best value benchtop jointer. This thing makes it unique from other benchtop jointers.
4. Aircraft JJP-8BT 8” Jointer/Planer Combo
- COMPACT: Combination benchtop jointer and planer provides a 2-in-1 machine to maximize work space.
- PRECISION: Large aluminum-extruded fence makes joining stable and precise.
- POWERFUL: Heavy-duty 13-amp motor for various cutting applications.
- PORTABLE: Integrated cord wrap makes transporting easy and ensures workshop safety.
- COMFORTABLE: Oversized, ergonomic knobs provide ease of use and maximum control.
Upon arrival, we found that the majority of the bolts keeping everything collectively were loose. After going right through the device tightening everything, we noticed that the infeed and outfeed tables don’t quite line up properly. We fiddled with it for a while and we got pretty close, but never quite coplanar. Despite these issues, we were satisfied with the operation of the machine overall. There is one more complaint though. The dust collection port is usually plastic and sits below the tables, but it’s prone to cracking from the pressure. This is a design flaw, and one of the things holding this benchtop jointer back.
5. RIKON 20-600H 6” Benchtop Jointer
- RIKON BENCHTOP JOINTER - This 6” becnhtop jointer has a 6 row helical-style cutter head with 12 HSS, 2-insert cutters for super cutting action.
- HIGH SPEED - With a powerful 10 AMP motor, this benchtop jointer also features a high speed steel insert knives and a large 30” x6-3/16” table.
- ALL STEEL CONSTRUCTION - Made from rigid, all-metal construction, machined aluminum tables, a quick depth setting mechanism with scale, adjustable fence that tilts from 90 degrees to 45 degrees quickly and accurately.
There exists a dust collection port within the blades which is nice. Having said that, it clogs easily in the event that you don’t have vacuum pressure installed and running as the machine is used. At 10 amps, it’s not really the most effective motor and it could only use boards up to 6 in. wide. Despite these restrictions, its dependability earns an area on this list.
Read also: 10 Best Nail Guns
6. Woodtek 6” Bench Top Jointer
- Easily move to jobsite or store out of the way.
- Specifications: Horse Power=1/2, Phase=1, Voltage=120
- Specifications: Net Weight=42 lb, Shipping Weight=51 lb
What this model lacks in power, it makes up in portability. At only 42 pounds, it’s one of the lightest and most portable models available. It’s also priced rather modestly, so most people can afford to get started. We did like this unit overall, but even though it has some upsides, the lack of power means there are better choices at the price.
7. Shop Fox W1829 Benchtop-Jointer
- Motor: 1-1/2 horsepower, 110V, 12 amp, single-phase
- Cutter head speed: 10,000 RPM, 20,000 cuts per minute
- Two-knife HSS cutter head provides clean cuts, fully adjustable aluminum fence with stops
- 2-1/2-inch dust port keeps work area clear of dust
- Includes free pair of safety push blocks, built-in mini impeller-driven dust collection fan and collection bag.Cutterhead diameter: 1-7/8 inch
The biggest drawbacks of this tool involve the fence. Although the device is effective, the fence doesn’t stay place, which means that your faces don’t turn out quite straight. Even while tight simply because the screws keeping it set up would move, the fence would still migrate during passes. If it weren’t because of this major concern, the Shop Fox will be getting a higher recommendation.
8. Grizzly Industrial 6”x 28” Jointer
Upon receiving this jointer, we noticed that the blade locking screws were over-tightened. Attempting to loosen them caused quite a few to strip. We weren’t off to a great start. After messing with that for a bit, we got everything ready to work. When the grizzly benchtop jointer started up, we were quite satisfied with how this machine slice. What really held it back though was the migrating fence that refused to stay put. The rise in the table also prevented our material from pushing through efficiently. Disappointing indeed. For the price, we’d recommend something that will give you fewer headaches and more work time.
9. WEN 6560 Jointer (Benchtop Model)
- Features a spacious 6-1/4 x 28-1/2 inch table and a two-blade 6-1/8 inch Cutterhead
- 10-amp motor provides up to 20,000 cuts per minute
- Cast iron base prevents walking and vibration during operation
- Adjustable 22-3/4 x 4-1/2 inch fence bevels up to 45 degrees in either direction
- Includes a two-year warranty, dust port, filter bag, push stick and push block
First, we noticed the fence was twisted. This avoided it from being really square in virtually any position. When looking to get the infeed and outfeed tables coplanar, we found that the outfeed desk isn’t adjustable. And in addition, this makes it a lot tougher to obtain the tables to meet properly. As of this high cost, we wouldn’t be prepared to see these sorts of problems. While it does trim clean, flat plank faces, we’d recommend conserving your money and deciding on a jointer with higher-quality elements.