10 Best Bench Grinders 2020
If you want to accomplish large scale device sharpening or other steel grinding functions in your house, garage, or industrial place of work, you then are going to want to buy the best bench grinder you could find. These tools are a very important part of your arsenal for anything from sharpening mower blades to grinding down metal girders. If you don’t know much about bench grinders, though, then they can all look confusingly similar, and it can be hard to work out which ones are worth looking at and which ones are best avoided instead.
That is why we are here to help. We’ve extensively researched bench grinders, and below, you will find our best bench grinder reviews 2020, exploring some of our favorite models of bench grinder and explaining why it is that each one has managed to get onto our top 10 Bench Grinders Reviews. Additionally, you will find a buyers information to bench grinders, explaining a variety of different factors that you may want or have to know before you decide which bench grinder may be the correct choice for your individual needs and preferences. Continue reading for more information about bench grinders!
10 Best Bench Grinders 2020
1. WEN 4276 Bench Grinder
- 2.1-Amp motor
- 3450 RPM at no load
- 6 in. by 3/4 in. wheels, 1/2 in. arbor size
- Lightweight design weighs in at 16 lb.Lamp:120V, 40W (Bulb not included)
- Worklight for maximum precision and visibility
The 3450 RPM motor is powerful enough for efficient, simple grinding without taking too much time, and the flexible work light attached to the body ensures that you can always see exactly what you are working on with a high level of clarity in any situation.
2. JET 577102 JBG-8A 8-Inch Bench Grinder
- Powerful 8 Inch bench grinder for industrial grade use
- Pre lubricated and enclosed ball bearings
- Cast iron wheel guards and dust vents
- One piece quick adjusting spark guards
- 5/8 Inch spindle
The powerful motor produces a surprisingly low level of vibration, keeping the wheels stable and steady and reducing disruption to your working environment as far as possible. It is also surprisingly quiet to operate, and the durable cast iron body is usually difficult and survivable, keeping it running smoothly with minimal risk of damage for provided that possible.
3. SKIL 3380-01 6-Inch Bench Grinder
- Medium and coarse wheels for a variety of materials
- 2.1 Amp Motor with 3,450 RPM
- Built-In LED work lights over both wheels
- Adjustable tool rests for accurate grinding
- Rubber feet provides increase stability
This bench grinder includes a small footprint and a higher build quality but nonetheless packs in several extra features. The most known of these is certainly a couple of built-in LED work lighting over each one of the wheels, enabling you to see obviously exactly what you will work on all the time.
4. DEWALT DW758 8-Inch Bench Grinder
- Overload Protection: Maximizes motor life
- Tool-Free Adjustable Guard: Provides quick guard installations and adjustments
- The product is durable
- 3/4 hp induction motor provides superior power for industrial grinding applications
- Rugged cast iron base and motor housing provide durability and prolonged life
- Motor runs at 3,600 rpm for high speed material removal
The body is made from durable materials for long life, and the motor features overload protection to maximize its operational life as much as possible. The one issue with this 8-inch bench grinder is usually that it vibrates a lot when operational, which can cause the wheels to wobble a bit, making working on larger projects more difficult.
5. Craftsman 921154 Bench Grinder
- Large adjustable tool rests with patented attachment for accurate bit sharpening
- Includes water cooling tray and hand held wheel dresser
- Large oversized Cast Iron base reduces vibration and adds stability during use
- Wide clear eye shields and sturdy spark guards
- 1/5 horsepower and2.5amp with 2000 - 3400 rpm (With no load speed)
- 1 Year Limited Warranty, refer to "Warranty & Support" section below for full details
The built-in water cooling tray helps to prevent your tools and the bench grinder itself from overheating, In addition to this, the incandescent work light attached to the body of the Craftsman 921154 Bench Grinder ensures that you can always clearly see what you are working on, no matter what the ambient light is like.
6. POWERTEC BGSS801 Slow Speed Bench Grinder
- Cool running 1725 RPM is designed to save tools from overheating
- Quiet 1/2HP motor provides long-lasting and smooth performance
- White aluminum oxide wheels produce less heat
- 1-Inch wide wheels make grinding easier
- Heavy gauge steel base reduces vibration and improves stability during operation
That is enhanced by the white aluminum oxide used to help make the wheels, which produces significantly less heat compared to the materials used in a great many other bench grinders. It doesn’t have the energy of a more substantial and quicker bench grinder, but also for lighter grinding applications or regular sharpening, it really is more than enough for some domestic purposes.
7. DEWALT DW756 6-Inch Bench Grinder
- The product is 5/8HP 6" Bench Grinder
- Easy to use
- The product is manufactured in China
- Powerful 5/8 hp induction motor for heavy-duty grinding operations
- Industrial cast iron base and motor housing provide durability and prolong life
- Motor runs at 3,450 rpm for high speed material removal
One of the best features of this Dewalt bench grinder is the 12.5-inch space between the two grinding wheels. This large space makes it easy for you to work on larger projects with longer blades without any difficulty fitting larger items into the grinder.
8. Rikon Professional Power Tools
2 used from $118.68
- HIGH QUALITY - This durable bench grinder includes 1" x8" 60 grit and 120 grit white aluminum oxide wheels.
- POWERFUL - With powerful ½ HP Motor with 1750 RPM this slow speed grinder has more than enough power for small workshops and for carpenters, turners, carvers, and other crafts people working with hand tools.
- STURDY AND SAFE - This grinders base is made of Cast Iron and features anti-vibration rubber feet. No mistakes will be made because of vibrations.
The slow electric motor and low-temperature white aluminum oxide wheels keep carefully the operating temperature to the very least, reducing fatigue and strain on both your tools and the bench grinder itself.
9. TruePower 199 Mini Multi Purpose Bench Grinder
- Powerful 150W high-speed motor rated at 110 volts, 60 hertz
- Variable speed control from 0 to 10, 000 RPM
- Includes: 31" flex shaft attachment, 3'' grinding wheel & 3'' fiber polishing wheel
10. Genesis GBG800L Bench Grinder
1 used from $63.13
- Powerful - 1/2 HP Induction Motor for Quiet, Smooth Performance | ½ HP for sharpening blades, chisels, and other grindingsharpening applications
- Safe - Two Flexible Goose neck Lights, Adjustable Tool Rests, and Eye Shields | Protect your eyes and keep the work safety positioned for your next project!
- Great for the shop _ Pre drilled Heavy Duty Cast iron base with Rubber Feet for Bench top or stand use | Setup on the bench or bolt to a stand to save bench top space for your next project!
It also includes a couple of adjustable gooseneck lighting, enabling you to maintain full control more than the illumination of assembling your project area, light everything up from whichever angles you like.