Sanding isn’t the most glamorous workaround, but it must be done. If you’re going to purchase a sanding device you need to choose the best belt sander you will get. We check out ten of the greatest belt sanders on the marketplace that is offered at Amazon. We present you with insight into their size and pounds. How much power and adjustable speeds they provide. We appear at how easy it really is to change out the belt if they offer dust collectors and how comfortable they are to use.
We look at how they operate. how are ergonomically designed their handles? what kind of jobs they are most suitable and best at? Our reviews are comprehensive and in addition to the basics you can expect from each sanding tool we review. It will also cover the most frequently asked questions when looking to purchase a belt tool in our buyer’s guide. Below is the list of 10 best belt sanders.
10 Best Belt Sanders 2021
1. Makita 9903 Variable Speed
- Powerful 8.8 AMP motor; only 85dB
- Variable speed control dial (690-1,440 ft./min.) enables user to match the speed to the application
- Auto-tracking belt system tracks belt without adjustment
- Innovative design for sanding flush to wall with nose and side of sander
- Front grip design for comfortable operation
- Dust bag for a cleaner work environment
It is highly efficient and can remove materials fast and accurately. The Auto-tracking belt program will monitor the belt without requiring adjustment. It has an innovative style of Makita. This design enables you to sand flush to the wall structure with the nasal area and part of the sander. This device just generates 85dB which really is a lot much less noisy than a few of its rivals and among the quietest in its course.
The ergonomic, large front grip will help you to operate the Makita belt sander is comfortable. Its low profile design provides a better balance. The Makita offers efficient dirt collection with the fabric dust bag, which may reduce dirt in your projects area significantly. The 16.4-foot long cord enables you to maneuver the Makita easily.
2. PORTER-CABLE 362
- owerful 12.0 amp motor provides professional power
- Motor is located over platen for maximum performance and perfect balance
- Designed for flush sanding up to vertical surfaces
- Variable-speed dial is conveniently placed on the handle
- allows belt speed adjustment from 1,000 to 1,500 SFPM
If you need to change out your belt while working on employment the Porter-Cable has you covered with a quick-release modification lever in addition to a fingertip belt-monitoring knob, that may reduce excessive downtime while working and enables you to dial in belt alignment over the rollers. The huge capacity dust collecting handbag can swivel 360 degrees, which is highly effective at collecting the dirt as the sander will its work. The actual fact that it could swivel ensures you won’t obstruct you as you function either. Increasing your comfort may be the ergonomically designed handles.
3. Genesis GBS321A
- VERSITILE - Low Profile Design gets into tight spots| Make quick work of smaller projects that need aggressive sanding!
- QUICK-CHANGE - Single Lever Quick-Change Belt Change | Save time changing belts on your next DIY project with the tool-less sanding belt change!
- PERFORMANCE - Variable Speed for incredible versatility | Control the speed of sanding with the variable speed feature!
- CONTROL - Adjustable Front Handle for Comfort and Control, Flat-Side for Tight, Flush Sanding | Sand exterior and interior doors, door jambs, cabinet surfaces and doors, and wood hand rails to prevent splinters and prepare for paint or stain!
The Genesis offers a low profile design which will provide the user with great balance and with the flat-side it will allow you to get into those tight spots and it offers flush sanding. The auto-tracking system will track the belt without adjustment. Featuring a single lever quick-change, this feature will ensure that you have minimal downtime, and the dust collection bag is very efficient and will greatly reduce the amount of dust in your work area.
Working on larger projects is no problem with the Genesis, it offers a 6.5-foot power cord so you can reach where you need to. The genesis is a lot less noisy than some of its competitors and the front grip handle is adjustable offering both comfort and ease of operation. This makes it unique from other belt sanders.
4. Makita 9403 with Cloth Dust Bag
- Quietest belt sander in its class: only 84 decibals
- 4 inch wide belt with a speed of 1,640 feet per minute for fast material removal
- Labyrinth construction seals motor and bearings from contamination
- Large front grip is positioned for operator comfort. Variable speed control dial : No
- 13 pounds; 1 year warranty
The extended base will help you to sand flush against the wall and the 4” wide belt in conjunction with 1640ft./min acceleration ensures fast and efficient stock removal. The hold of the Makita belt sander can be ergonomically designed and can be large enough to permit the utmost convenience while working. Easy lever control permits changing your belt to become quick and easy avoiding any delay in continuing together with your work.
It features a replaceable ceramic wear plate and a low profile which offers great balance and keeps gouging to a minimum. Double insulation and labyrinth construction seals the motor and bearings keeping them free from contamination making this a very durable belt sander perfect for commercial use. The 360-degree swivel cloth dust bag will ensure an efficient collection of dust and keep your work area as dust-free as possible. Makita is one of the best belt sanders in this list of belt sanders.
5. WEN 6502 with Cast Iron Base
- Two-in-one sanding machine includes both a 4-by-36 inch belt and a 6-by-6 inch disc
- Adjustable belt tilts anywhere from 0 to 90 degrees
- Sturdy cast iron base prevents any heavy vibrations
- 4.3A motor provides up to 3600 RPM
- Tension release lever provides for simple changes between sandpaper grits
A tension release lever permits an instant and simple modification to sandpaper grit. The dirt port is certainly 2.5“, attach your dust collector to the interface, and maintain your workspace as free from dust and particles as feasible. The Wen 6502 belt sander’s cast-iron bottom will prevent wobbling and strolling, so your sander will stay where you will need it without deviation while sanding.
The adjustable belt can tilt from vertical to horizontal and every position in-between to help. Add to this the sanding disc has a supporting table with 0-45 degree beveling capabilities as well as a removable miter gauge, and for safety, it has an extended safety guard.
Read about: 10 best worm drive saws 2021
6. Black & Decker DS321 Dragster
- The belt sander has 7.0 amps of power for maximum performance
- Angled belt design of the 3x21 belt sander sands 3 times closer to the edge of the adjoining surfaces
- Retractable hood exposes top of sanding belt for use in a variety of applications
- Three-position adjustable handle provides comfort in different orientations
- Dust collection with easy-empty dust bag for a cleaner work area
- Low-profile design with extended reach for maximum functionality
It offers a 6.0 Amp electric motor that’s powerful enough to deal with most tasks. For superb control, the Dragster presents a retractable, three-position deal. The Dragster DS321 enables you to modification your paper out efficiently with a belt discharge lever and adjustment knob, which also means that the belt will stay in the right position.
The dust collector is quite efficient and can keep your workspace as dust-free and clean as possible along with improving visibility when working. The Dark & Decker Dragster carries a medium grit sanding belt and weighs only 8.2 pounds. Supplying a 2-year warranty the Black & Decker is an excellent tool for all home improvement enthusiasts.
7. POWERTEC BD1500
- Includes: heavy duty belt and disc sander combination flaunts a 1”x30” sanding belt, 5” sanding disc, 2 work tables with 0° - 45° tilt, heavy duty miter gauge, and 2 Dust ports
- Features: 2 cast aluminum tables provide exceptional work support and tilts up to 45 degrees, precision tracking system; Steel base prevent vibrations during operation
- 2-1 design: sanding machine is equipped with both an abrasive Belt and disc Combo, large enough and perfectly sized to handle an assortment of sanding and woodworking applications and can sand hard to reach places easily
The POWERTEC has a powerful 2.5 AMP induction motor. The motor offers a no-load speed of 3450 RPM and delivering 1/3HP, more than enough power to tackle most projects. The tilting tables of 4” x 7¼” size tilt at 0-45 degrees and include a miter gauge. These features ensure that you get precise angle sanding every time.
The POWERTEC BD Belt Disc Sander’s tracking adjustment feature will ensure that the belt runs true and both 1.5” dust ports could keep your work area apparent and clean. The trunk plate and roller safeguard of the POWERTEC Disk Sander could be detached to permit for fast and simple belt substitute. The POWERTEC is really worth the cost you shell out the dough.
8. Hitachi SB8V2 Variable Speed
- Hitachi Power Tools has renamed to Metabo HPT. Same great tools, with only a new name.
- Variable speed dial adjusts speed from 820 1,475 feet/min for improved manageability during any operation
- Soft elastomer grip surface on the main and auxiliary handles for a comfortable and secure hold
- Tracking window improves visibility of sanding surface and sanding belt during use and belt size is 76 x 533millimeter(3 x 21 inches)
The variable speed dial will adjust the speed making it a lot more manageable during operation than other belt sanders. For better accuracy, the Hitachi belt sander offers a clear front cover tracking window allows you to see the sanding surface and the sanding belt and make sure you remain on track. Need to get into tight corners, the Hitachi has placed the dust collection handbag on the left hand’s side and this will assist you to enter those tight corners in addition to being very proficient at reducing the dirt, keeping your workshop clean and clear.
It is very durable with a wear-resistant V-belt. It extends the life span of your Hitachi SB8V2 up to double long seeing that normal sander. Soft elastomer grasp on the primary and secondary handles get this to one of the most comfortable sanders to operate.
9. WEN 6321 with Dust Bag
- 7-amp motor rotates the belt at over 13 feet per second
- Compact design weighs in at a mere six pounds to limit the fatigue of the user
- Includes a detachable dust bag to minimize clean-up
- Lock-in safety feature allows for continuous sanding without requiring a constant grip on the trigger
- Backed by a two-year warranty and a nationwide network of skilled technicians
Another aspect that helps to limit fatigue while working with the WEN 6321. It includes lock-in safety features and that means you do not need to keep a grip on the trigger at all times. The Tracking Adjustment knob retains the belt true and a quick release. The sanding belt allows for swapping out sandpapers or adjusting grits easy and the front roller is designed with a protracted front at night edge of the casing to help you to reach into restricted corners.
The dust bag is huge enough to make sure that your workspace continues to be as clean and dust-free as possible while working. The WEN 6321 Belt Sander with Dust Handbag possesses an 80-Grit Sanding Belt with extra belts obtainable in three packs. These features of the wen belt sander make this belt unique from other belt sanders.
10. PORTER-CABLE 371 14″
- Textured rubber body grip provides comfortable non-slip surface
- Flush side enables sanding up to perpendicular surface
- Metal components provide durability for professional applications
- Dust sealed, recessed switch offers accessibility while minimizing unintended turn-offs
- Textured rubber body grip provides comfortable non-slip surface
- Flush side enables sanding up to perpendicular surface
The textured rubber body grip allows for one-handed control and the removable auxiliary. The handle of the device allows you to use two hands when needed. The Porter-Cable has a fantastic well-balanced feel so that you can utilize it vertically or horizontally or any various other orientation you should employ it for assembling your project.
The look of the Porter-Cable 371 is so that it includes a flush side to help you brush correct up to perpendicular areas and it’ll cover a wide surface. The power switch is normally recessed and dust-sealed for you won’t transform it off accidentally when using it and the detachable dust port could keep your projects area clean and dirt free.