10 Best Band Saws 2020
When adopting a woodwork or metalwork project inside your workshop, your achievement is only dependant on the precision of your tools. Locating the perfect band saw is vitally important, allowing you to cut irregular shapes into your material, with many band saws allowing you to change the blade to meet the material type and the type of cut you desire, achieving a perfect finish.
Some band saws additional come with their own stand or table to achieve the most from your product, or you could purchase a tabletop band saw to enable you to store the tool away when it is not required. We have reviewed ten of the very best band saws currently available on the market, allowing you to decide which band saw is perfect for you and your project needs.
10 Best Band Saws 2020
1. WEN 3962 Two-Speed Band Saw
- 3.5 amp motor creates cuts up to six inches deep and 9-3/4 inches wide
- Uses 72-inch blades anywhere from 1/8 to 1/2 inches in size
- Spacious 14-1/8 x 12-1/2 inch cast aluminum work table bevels up to 45 degrees
- Operates at two speeds of either 1520 or 2620 FPM
- Includes a 2-year warranty, a work light, a 3-in-1 dust port, a fence, a miter gauge, and a 3/8-inch blade (6 TPI)
Further features include a 3-in-1 dust port, a handy miter gauge, a fence, and a work light, in addition to a two-year warranty to provide you with ease of mind. A ⅜ inch blade is supplied with the WEN 3962 Two-Speed Band Saw and weighs 73 pounds, having a dimension of 20 x 25 x 58 ins.
2. JET JWBS-14DXPRO Deluxe Pro Band Noticed Kit
- Built in 12 Inch resaw Capacity for cutting Larger pieces of wood
- 2 Speed poly v belt drive system
- Newly Designed upper and lower cast iron frame for increased strength and rigidity
- Easy to view blade tracking window
- Blade guide post with rack and pinion adjustment
A 15 x 15-inch work table will get the JET JWBS-14DXPRO Deluxe Pro Band Found Kit, supplying a 10-degree tilt left and a 45-level tilt to the proper. This band saw offers an excess weight of 258 pounds along with dimensions of 29 x 28 x 77 inches.
3. SKIL 3386-01 2.5-Amp 9-Inch Band Saw
- Rip fence for straight, accurate cuts; 6 TPI band saw blade cuts through a variety of wood materials
- Articulating LED work light for better view of work piece and cut line
- Features a 1-1/2 inch dust port that keeps work area clear of dust
- Rack and pinion table adjustment for quick angle and height adjustments
- Motor is 1 speed for wood or metal based materials
Users are able to ensure that their work area is clean and safe due to the addition of a 1 ½ inch dust port, while rack and pinion table adjustments ensure that adjustments can be made according to height and angles requirements. The tabletop SKIL 3386-01 2.5-Amp 9-Inch Band Saw provides a weight of 36 pounds along with dimensions of 31.1 x 16.2 x 12.8 inches.
4. Grizzly G0555LX Deluxe Bandsaw
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- All ball bearing construction. Cast iron frame. Precision-ground cast iron table.
- CSA certified meeting CSA C22
- Computer balanced cast iron wheels with rubber tires.
- Upper and lower ball bearing blade guides and thrust bearings.
- The G0555LX 14-Inch Deluxe Band saw has many of the same great specifications and features as our popular G0555
5. DEWALT DCS371B Bare-Tool Band Saw
- 2-1/2" cut capacity cuts up to 2" SCH 40 pipe
- Centered handle position provides superior balance and ergonomics
- LED Work Light with 20 second delay
- Blade tracking adjustment
- Dual bearing blade guide rollers
- Battery & Charger Sold Separately
The DEWALT DCS371B Bare-Tool Band Saw will come in a yellow and black design and will be offering a weight of 10.2 pounds and a dimension of 12.2 x 15.38 x 8.7 inches.
6. WEN 3959 Benchtop Band Saw
- 2.5 amp motor rotates the blade up to 2500 feet per minute
- Create cuts up to 3-1/2 inches deep and 9 inches wide
- Uses 59-1/2 inch blades anywhere from 1/8 to 3/8 inches in size
- Spacious 12-1/4 x 11-7/8 inch work table bevels up to 45 degrees
- Includes a 1/4-inch-wide blade, a 2-1/2 inch dust port, a rip fence, a miter gauge and a two-year warranty
Additional features add a 2 ½ inch dust port, a miter gauge, a rip fence, a ¼ inch wide blade, in addition to a two-year warranty to make sure that you are making a sound purchase. The WEN 3959 Benchtop Band Saw offers an excess weight of 40 pounds along with dimensions of 19 x 14.1 x 29 inches.
7. Milwaukee 2429-21XC M12 Bandsaw Kit
- One-Handed Cuts: Most compact size and lightest weight of any cordless band saw; SFPM: 280
- Powerful Motor: Cuts 3/4" EMT in 3 seconds, up to 150 cuts per charge with the XC battery; Blade Length: 27" x ½" x .020"
- 1-5/8" Cut Capacity: For a wide range of applications; LED Light: Highlights the cut line
- Meets OSHA Guarding Requirements: Suitable for One-Handed use; Length: 11 "
- Blade Tension Adjustment: Adjustable blade tracking; Voltage: 12V, Tool Warranty 5 Years
The Milwaukee 2429-21XC M12 Bandsaw Kit offers a weight of 12.4 pounds furthermore to dimensions of 13.6 x 18.8 x 8.5 inches, supplying a superb five-year warranty.
8. Makita XBP02Z Cordless Portable Band Saw
- 4-3/4" Cutting capacity accepts a 44-7/8" Blade and is ideal for cutting multiple metal materials
- Makita-built motor delivers faster cutting with variable speed 275-530 ft./min.
- Protection circuit with built-in alert light provides over-torque motor protection warning for increased durability
- Trigger switch with lock-off feature requires two actions to power on the band saw
- Conveniently located variable speed control dial enables user to match the speed to the application
Furthermore, the included trigger switch with lock-off feature provides two actions in order to power the tool. The Makita XBP02Z Cordless Portable Band Saw offers a weight of 15 pounds in addition to dimensions of 14 x 22.4 x 10.7 inches.
9. DEWALT DCS374B Portable Band Saw
- 5'' cutting capacity
- LED Work Light with a 20 second delay
- Matrix II High Speed Steel Edge for Heat and Wear Resistance
- 8% Cobalt Content For Added Durability & Wear
Furthermore, an integrated hang hook ensures that the power tool can be stored away without damaging any aspect of the power tool. The DEWALT DCS374B Portable Band Saw provides an excess weight of 13.8 pounds and dimensions of 24.4 x 13 x 8.3 inches.
10. WEN 3970 Metal-Cutting Band Saw
- Automatic shut-off turns the band saw off after a cut has been completed
- Capable of operating in both vertical and horizontal positions
- Adjust the blade speed to 80, 120 or 200 feet per minute for compatibility with a variety of metals
- Beveling vise helps create cuts anywhere from 0 to 60 degrees
- Includes a stand with wheels, a pre-installed blade, a 4.6 amp motor and a 2-year warranty
Furthermore, a computerized shut-off ensures that protection comes first. The WEN 3970 Metal-Cutting Band Noticed includes a two-year warranty and a weight of 108 pounds and measurements of 16.5 x 36 x 38 inches.