Do you have flaky skin and caked makeup, as well as redness and itching? These are all signs of dry skin. While it may be seasonal for some, many others experience dry skin all year. Dry skin necessitates intensive moisturization. To maintain a healthy balance, dry skin needs a decent body oil in addition to a strong moisturizer. Check out our selection of the 10 finest body oils for dry skin to attain a healthy shine. Scroll down!
These are our top picks for body oils. Before you choose, keep in mind that not all skin types are the same. What works for someone else may not work for you at all. Here are a few pointers to help you choose the best body oil for your skin type and problem.
How to Choose the Right Body Oil for Your Skin Type
If you have dry skin, search for oils high in omega fatty acids and oleic acids. These oils have a thick viscosity and are excellent moisturizers. Look for avocado, apricot kernel, hazelnut, olive, and camellia seed oils.
If you have regular skin, avoid using strong, thick oils. Normal skin benefits from jojoba and marula oils.
Choose linoleic acid-containing body oils if you have oily or acne-prone skin. Choose oils that have a light consistency and absorb fast. Look for oils such as evening primrose, safflower, hemp seed, watermelon seed, and grape seed.
If you have combination skin, marula oil will perform wonders for you. You can also use any lightweight oil that we recommended for oily and acne-prone skin.
Use omega-6 fatty acid-rich oils if you have sensitive skin. You can use body oils including blackcurrant, borage, and evening primrose oils.
You may be questioning why you need to use body oils when you may use rich creams and lotions. Body oils provide better protection than lotions and creams. See the following section for more information on the various advantages of using body oil.
The Advantages of Using a Body Oil
- Body oils are designed to keep the skin hydrated by locking in moisture for an extended period of time. The skin’s ability to retain moisture diminishes as it ages. As a result, even after using a heavy body lotion and cream, your skin may feel dry after a few hours.
- Body oils have been utilized for therapeutic purposes. Oil massage increases blood circulation, overall health, and minimizes free radical damage.
- Body oils soak quickly and assist to enhance the look of scars and blemishes. Scars (including stretch marks) improve or fade completely when your skin is adequately hydrated.
- Body oils are frequently scented and can aid to revitalise your senses.
- Body oils cannot provide your skin with all of its benefits unless they are used correctly. Learn how to apply body oil properly.
How To Use Body Oil
- Take a warm shower and exfoliate your skin. Body oils are easily absorbed by moist skin.
- Massage the oil liberally over your body after rubbing it between your palms.
- Begin with a small amount of oil and gradually increase the amount.
- Never apply oil to dry skin since it cannot absorb the oil and hydration. You can use it as a bath oil. Add a tablespoon of oil to your bathwater and immerse your skin in it.
Body oils are ideal for providing much-needed moisture to dry skin without leaving it sticky. Choose your favorite oil from the list above and fall in love with your skin!
Best Body Oils For Soft And Smooth Skin 2021
1. Neutrogena Body Oil Light Sesame Formula
This is a mild body oil that absorbs fast. The sesame oil formula deeply nourishes dry and parched skin and replaces necessary moisture without leaving your skin feeling heavy. It gives your skin a sheer sheen, and the calming and gentle smell restores your senses. If you have oily skin and want a lightweight consistency, this oil is a good option.
2. Burt’s Bees Lemon & Vitamin E Bath & Body Oil
Burt’s Bees’ Lemon & Vitamin E Body Oil offers a light citrus smell. It contains sweet almond oil, vitamin E, and lemon oil, which renew your skin and awaken your senses. This product is made entirely of natural oils, and it helps to condition your skin and keep it soft and smooth. You can use the oil directly to damp skin or add two capfuls to a warm bath and soak in it.
Avoid this oil if you are allergic to nuts.
3. Best Organic Body Oil: The Honest Co. Organic Body Oil
If you prefer organic items over commercial ones, check out The Honest Co.’s organic body oil. It is made up of more than 95 percent organic oils, including tamanu, jojoba, olive, avocado, and sunflower oils. This oil is incredibly gentle and is appropriate for delicate skin. It is safe to use on infants and can be used on a daily basis. This product’s natural oil blend helps to maintain your skin’s natural moisture balance and keeps it nourished and soft.
4. SheaMoisture 100% Virgin Coconut Oil
The Shea Moisture 100 percent Virgin Coconut Oil is a skin therapy oil that delivers daily moisture to your skin. It’s light and quickly absorbed, with no stickiness or greasiness on your skin. It comprises acacia Senegal, virgin coconut oil, coconut milk, and a combination of other oils. It is suitable for all skin types and can be used as a bath or after-shower oil.
5. L’Occitane Almond Supple Skin Oil
This body oil is made up of 50% almond oil and a blend of additional oils such as Muscat rose bush oil, camelina seed oil, and carrot oil. It is high in omega 3, 6, and 9 fatty acids, as well as unsaturated fatty acids and vitamins. The antioxidants protect your skin from harm and keep it soft and nourished. This rich but lightweight body oil is excellent for regular to dry skin.
6. Eminence Apricot Body Oil
This is an ultra-hydrating blend of essential oils that rejuvenates your skin and senses. This apricot oil combines grape seed, sea buckthorn, pomegranate seed, and jojoba oils. It is high in vitamins A, C, and E, which assist to soften the skin and maintain its elasticity and suppleness. It also contains a BioComplex with Coenzyme Q10 and Alpha Lipoic acid, which helps to reduce the look of wrinkles.
7. Everyday Oil Mainstay Blend
Everyday Oil’s Mainstay Blend is a unisex skincare oil that absorbs rapidly and imparts a beautiful sheen. It is a mix of cold-pressed plant oils that may be used on both the face and the body. The blend also contains steam-distilled essential oils, which moisturize the skin and help it retain its natural moisture balance. It contains coconut, argan, castor, and jojoba oils, as well as lavender, clary sage, and geranium essential oils. It is suitable for acne-prone and older skin.
It should be noted that this product contains essential oils. If you are allergic to essential oils, avoid using this product.
8. Herbivore Jasmine Glowing Hydration Body Oil
This hydrating body oil contains Jasmine Sambac oil, as well as a combination of other natural plant oils. It has an enticing flowery aroma and tackles skin concerns such as dryness and dullness. This oil penetrates deeply into the skin and nourishes it with antioxidants and vitamins. It contains camellia flower oil, which improves skin suppleness and adds radiance. Grapeseed oil’s toning and tightening qualities rejuvenate the skin from the inside.
9. Rodin Olio Lusso Luxury Body Oil
This luxurious body oil is a carefully selected combination of nutrient-rich botanical oils. It comprises jasmine, jojoba, sweet almond, apricot kernel oil, evening primrose oil, Arnica Montana flower extract, and Argania Spinosa kernel oils. It has a golden color and a pleasant jasmine scent. If you have obstinate dry areas, apply this oil to keep your skin hydrated and supple. It includes important fatty acids, which help to regenerate and keep your skin glowing.
10. Tata Harper Revitalizing Body Oil
This revitalizing body oil is loaded with vitamins and antioxidants that address skin concerns like dryness, wrinkles, fine lines, and dullness. It is a blend of camellia oil, evening primrose oil, and other vital elements. It claims to enhance skin texture by rejuvenating it. It is free of hazardous chemicals and synthetic fillers.